Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #236 FINISHED!

Real or Model?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

First of all, thanks to Ken Stone for stepping in and running ROM/Auto ID for me. I was actually ready to take it back weeks ago, but Ken said he was having too much fun to hand it back! But now, there is a new development that will be taking up more of Ken's time (it's nothing bad or medical or anything like that)... so it's back to me again!

How about this one? Real or Model?

ROM236_zpsahtt9rm6.jpg

The answer: REAL!

ApexSpeed - you are NOT meant to ruin it for others by stating the source.

Chill out. How exactly did I state a source? And where are these unwritten rules for this "game?" I didn't post links or anything else... just said it was a real car, which it is. It says Nitro Thunder on the side of the car—that's not a secret. If the car is a model, nothing I said is false, either—lots of replicas on these boards. Find something else to get tweaked about.

Chill out. How exactly did I state a source? And where are these unwritten rules for this "game?" I didn't post links or anything else... just said it was a real car, which it is. It says Nitro Thunder on the side of the car—that's not a secret. If the car is a model, nothing I said is false, either—lots of replicas on these boards. Find something else to get tweaked about.

This is usually at the top of each real or model. Anyone who has played before knows this. => "If you know the source of the photo don't post that info here! It ruins the game for everyone else."

As for revealing the source, you gave all the details anyone would need to plug it into google and get the answer, that is assuming they don't believe your "statement of fact" => "It's real—Jack Harris Racing VRA nostalgia Funny Car. He also campaigns a Nitro Thunder Top Fuel car, and recently a nostalgia Trans Am FC."

May I respectfully point you to the last time someone did exactly this. Read the last comment on this thread. => http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/67293-real-or-model-206/

Thus, please consider yourself made aware of the rules.

My wife and I really enjoy playing ROM.We debate the details back and forth,unless I know the answer.This was the case with a ROM Superbird Harry did a while back.

The detail that gave it away was the allen screw on the tail. I don't know if Doug has played this game,so,lets give him a pass this time.

Anyone can make a mistake,I should know!!!!:lol:

Harry,I'm sorry this happened on your first one back.We love this ROM(wife and I)

We don't do very well on the ID one as we don't have the time or knowhow to get it.

Thanks,George

Final vote: 39 REAL, 9 MODEL.

You guys got it... it's REAL!

Just a note to Doug... when you specifically post the exact details of the car in the photo, you are obviously giving away the answer, as anyone can just plug in the info you posted into a google search and find the car.

The object of the game is to study the photo and look for clues as to whether the car is real or a model... the object is not to identify the car and tell everyone else, because that ruins the game for everyone! I'll assume you weren't thinking about that when you posted the answer, so no problem this time... but please don't do that if you want to keep on playing the game.

It's real—Jack Harris Racing VRA nostalgia Funny Car. He also campaigns a Nitro Thunder Top Fuel car, and recently a nostalgia Trans Am FC.

evidently you don't know the rules to the game, if you know the answer don't disclose it for everyone else, vote at the top of the page, also don't post where you found any facts or pictures about the item that might again ruin the game for others. 

I knew the answer too, but didn't give it away, just a small hint that might make others think about it.