Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1:25 "Street Machines" Beetle turned Volksrod

Michael J Corcoran

My first (and only, so far) full custom build. Started out as a parts box shell that had been previously built and rebuilt. I used a few parts from a new kit, a bunch from the parts boxes, and a lot of scratch made parts. Chopped, channeled & stretched. Most of the interior is scratch made, including the door cards, wired and plumbed the engine.

Hope you like it.

20150806_094339-1.jpg

20150806_094253-1.jpg

2015-11-04 20.12.21.jpg

2015-11-04 20.14.37.jpg

2015-11-04 20.16.38.jpg

Nice work! Especially if you're new to chopping and scratchbuilding. It turned out great. The speaker grilles look like pipe filters? That's a cool touch.

I had that pink VW kit as a kid, and now I only have some little shreds of plastic left from it after I attempted to customize it and made a terrible mess. One of these days I'm tempted to get another and build a volksrod out of it.

The large-diameter painted 5-spoke mags on this build are a little unusual, and I like them. What kit are they from?

The large-diameter painted 5-spoke mags on this build are a little unusual, and I like them. What kit are they from?

The wheels are from a 62 Corvette convertible snap kit that my son built when he was about 6. Unfortunately the car didnt survive too many years, but he is still building, and better at it than I was at his age.