Model Cars Magazine Forum

1926 Ford Fordor done

Eric Macleod

Hey thanks for all the compliments.  If it had not been for the encouragement of the editor of the Model T Times magazine this one may not have seen light of day but I think now that I am going I can get the whole set finished.  I also have to thank Art Anderson for his encouragement with the build up. 

The body was a brute. I cut a Revell '27 T Tudor off at the belt line.  I ground off all the door moldings.  Next I took two AMT  Model T coupe bodies and cut them at the belt line and one behind the front door.  Then I used the front door and most of a rear window from the second coupe body glued behind the front door.  Using the back part of the rear window and C pillar I made the back half of the rear window.  All of these pieces were glued to the underside of the retained Buttera top, thus increasing the height of the car.  Lots of filler putty and about a mile of Evergreen half round molding later and Walla! One complete car.I have a long overdue Duesenberg to finish up next and then I plan to complete the set of Improved Fords of 1926. One last photo of the completed car. One important detail to me was the inclusion of the windshield wiper as it was always my job to operate it while my dad drove. Without further ado here is the fully completed car.

1446951917200.jpg

And from the rear. You may notice the off kilter rear door handle. That is intentional as that's the way the real car is. Same story on the single silver painted split rim wheel. Thanks for all your interest folks. This one really was a lot of fun to build. 

1446951994272.jpg

Edited by Eric Macleod

Hey thanks for all the compliments.  If it had not been for the encouragement of the editor of the Model T Times magazine this one may not have seen light of day but I think now that I am going I can get the whole set finished.  I also have to thank Art Anderson for his encouragement with the build up. 

Well, considering all your encouragement and advice on my '13 T, Eric--the least I could do!

Art