Model Cars Magazine Forum

My "New" workbench-current projects

Nick Winter

So after a year and a bit away from the bench with a lot of life changes (graduated, moved, new 1:1 toys, etc, etc) I've finally set up a new bench and started back at my winter hobby as it has now become. Anyway, my current project is this 1968 Roadrunner. I love '68-'70 Plymouth B Bodies, My favorite's being the '68 & '69, So, if I could have ordered a Road Runner in September 1967, this is how it would have been built.

Nearly finished it, then I have a '68 GTX next in line.

Nick

IMG_20151104_231242.jpg

IMG_20151104_231300.jpg

IMG_20151104_231317.jpg

IMG_20151104_231326.jpg

IMG_20151104_231508.jpg

IMG_20151104_231516.jpg

Have to agree with you on the '68-'69 Road Runners. While I'm more of a GM person I still respect good style and performance when I see it. The first "68 Road Runner I ever saw looked just like your build and I still remember how good it looked. Very nice build , look forward to seeing more.  

Nick, it's very good to see you back at the bench. The 1:1s can be a bit tiring, and the break will be welcome. 

Looks great. Thinking back to a few years ago, you've made GIGANTIC steps. Great work.

Hope you can make it to NNL-East. It would be nice to see you again. Bring Maggie with you. Hey...see if you can get her to build something, too. You've got her wrenching a little, maybe you can get her to start gluing herself to herself, too! 

If you two want, make a weekend of it, and I can probably arrange to get you two to the City. I have a few friends that live there now and we can get in a little private tour/sight-seeing. 

Charlie Larkin

This car looks very nice in red!

Honestly, I don't recall ever seeing a Roadrunner of this vintage in person in a bright red.

Must not have been a hugely popular color in '68-'69.

I seem to see a lot of green ones.

Steve

Steve, the color is PP1 Matador Red. I saw a Belvedere in this color a few years ago and fell in love with the color, I do believe production in this color was fairly low.

Nick, it's very good to see you back at the bench. The 1:1s can be a bit tiring, and the break will be welcome. 

Looks great. Thinking back to a few years ago, you've made GIGANTIC steps. Great work.

Hope you can make it to NNL-East. It would be nice to see you again. Bring Maggie with you. Hey...see if you can get her to build something, too. You've got her wrenching a little, maybe you can get her to start gluing herself to herself, too! 

If you two want, make a weekend of it, and I can probably arrange to get you two to the City. I have a few friends that live there now and we can get in a little private tour/sight-seeing. 

Charlie Larkin

Charlie, if it wasn't for learning skills on the 1:1 toys, the little ones may not look as good. I'm not sure I'll be down to NNL east this year as we are planning to go to NC this spring. But I'm sure we'll be down that way at some point.

Nick