Model Cars Magazine Forum

Steel Haul - NEW Tractor unit UPDATE!!!!

You gotta be kiddin' me, Man....This is awesome.....You've got a serious weathering talent.....This is one of the most original pieces of work I've seen....Just beautiful.....I mean.....It looks so real.....Awesome work, Man.....

hahaha! Thanks man. Glad you approve. Makes all the hard work worrh it. Although, I might have another tractor for the trailer. But we'll see after I'm done building it.

Since these pics were taken I have since removed the trailer support stands and placed them under the front side of the trailer. Apparently it made the trailer wider according to EU trailer regulations. I also removed the box and placed at the front end. Looked much better. I've also added other details. Working on concrete or steel slab loads for this trailer now. Will post updated pics when all is done. Thanks for looking.

Edited by tiking

Glad you approve Dan. I will be building another tractor for this trailer. I already got one in mind. Mean while I am in the process of adding the steel loads and chaining them up. As mentioned in my ealier post, I have already made some changes to certain details. So, I will post when it is done. Thanks for looking.

Hi guys. Here are the some pics of what was done to the trailer since the last time I posted. As mention before, I had removed the electrical box and support stands to the front of the trailer. I also added a fire extinguisher. Instead of concrete slabs I decided to go with steel slabs, Only two. I think I will build a third sheet. Why steel? Well. I saw a haul with several large steel plates being transported in a similar manner and thought I would go for the 'not-so-normal' look, instead. You know me. Different is my middle name. I know there are standard trailers for concrete slabs and steel plates and slabs. But I found out that certain companies, in rare instances, use by any means necessary, quick and unconventional methods in transporting goods, if time was of an essence. I too have seen weird setups that just proves to me that transport methods do differ. Now, if they do not adhere to the EU regulation code; then that's another issue all together. 
The sheet of steel were made from cardboard. The chain tensioners were scratch built. I am contemplating building another short base tractor 2x4 tractor for this trailer. I already have one in mind. Not too sure. But I will build it and see if it suits it better. If not, I will stick to the one I already have. 

----------------------------------

Good Gravy !!!! That load looks AWESOME !!!!! Very nice work.....You made those pieces of steel out of CARDBOARD !!??? WOW !!!! That looks REAL.....Outstanding work....And the chains and binders and straps look just as good.....Awesome....

Edited by kilrathy10

Good Gravy !!!! That load looks AWESOME !!!!! Very nice work.....You made those pieces of steel out of CARDBOARD !!??? WOW !!!! That looks REAL.....Outstanding work....And the chains and binders and straps look just as good.....Awesome....

yeah man. Not difficult  to do at all. I've been asked by many to do a little article on how i achieved it. I will let u know when I complete it. I have not started on it yet. 

exactly my words!!! I thought the stell plates were made of thin sheets of rusted steel - but cardboard???

Awesome weathering on load and trailer !!!

Spectacular model, by far one of the most realistic I've ever seen. If photographed in daylight on an appropriate base, it would be almost impossible to tell it from the real thing, and that's about the highest compliment I can pay any model.

Thanks. That is enough for me.☺

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great job on this build. The weathering is very realistic.

Much appreciated. I am in the process of building the second tractor for this trailer. A Scania 144l 530hp model. I think it will go together better than the 142H tractor. I will use the 142H for another trailer which i will build for it.