Model Cars Magazine Forum

‘96 Le mans runner up Porsche 911 GT1 993

花火

:rolleyes:563e064298d15_DSC09921__.thumb.jpg.fb9b2

563e0685d122e_DSC09912_.thumb.jpg.734188

563e0690a0931_DSC09913_.thumb.jpg.a608c0563e06937e51f_DSC09915_.thumb.jpg.6f3904

563e06965c5ab_DSC09919_.thumb.jpg.9f8ed3

not much a very fast car.. still came second in '96 Le mans.

there were some problems during the building... so you can see some strange decals.. :)

about the engine... that the reason why no pic of engine... pls forget about the engine :wacko:

anyway any comment welcomed and forgive my poor English and thank you guys haha.

First off, very nice model of what Ithink is a beautiful race car!  I have built this model.  I am going to guess that you had trouble with the decals that go on the rear wing. ;)

in fact I think the decal works were quite easy.. I love doing decal works..

but then a masking type fell on the rear wing accidently and you can say what happened next :rolleyes:

my rear wing died:rolleyes:

Beautifully done.  Congratulations with how well it turned out.  I always loved that car.........and it's rare we have someone that posts that admits they actually like "doing decals".    I know I don't.  :D   Cheers, Tim

Beautifully done.  Congratulations with how well it turned out.  I always loved that car.........and it's rare we have someone that posts that admits they actually like "doing decals".    I know I don't.  :D   Cheers, Tim

number 23 purple and green, with a long tail. that the most beautiful 917 IMO. I just finished watching the movie Le mans yesterday. However the MFH kits are too expensive :rolleyes:

BTW I do really like decals works...uh.. because you just need 2 hands and 1 bottle of water, you don't have to wear your mask and paint everything lalalalala:rolleyes:

Edited by 花火

Nicely done, I take my hat off to anyone who builds these kits with all those decals!

Don't you just love the Tamiya Race Car kits, I remember building the Celica GT4 with all the Castrol decals...that was epic!!

yeah! crazy of Le mans racing car. Tamiya just did the great works.

We (you and I) share the same passion for the 917, the "Hippie" car.   I bought that MFH kit in 1/12th.  Haven't done a thing with it as I'm concentrating on finishing a long term project.  But it's going to be one I finish before I hang up my modeling tools.  I'm trying to improve my skills before tackling such an ambitious build.  Best regards, Tim

We (you and I) share the same passion for the 917, the "Hippie" car.   I bought that MFH kit in 1/12th.  Haven't done a thing with it as I'm concentrating on finishing a long term project.  But it's going to be one I finish before I hang up my modeling tools.  I'm trying to improve my skills before tackling such an ambitious build.  Best regards, Tim

yeah the hippie one. someday I would like to buy one 1/18 from AA.

• 2 weeks later...