Model Cars Magazine Forum

How about Some Barris themed models.

14 hours ago, Force said:

I was at Early Ford Store in San Dimas California one time and my friend asked Bill Mcgrath...the owner...if he had flathead intake manifolds for multiple carburetors...Bill pointed up high at one wall where he had several intake manifolds for two, three and four carburetors hanging and asked..."how much trouble do you want". :)

Why so many...to get "the look".
The restored (or if it's a recreation) Munsters Coach has eleven carburetors, five on each side and one in the middle the Ford Cobra engine runs on, the other ten are fake.
The original TV show car on the other hand at least some of the ten Stromberg carbs looks to be functional as there are no carb in the middle and they sits closer together on top of the Ford engine.
Even if you have several carburetors on the engine all doesn't have to work, a friend of mine bought a 32 Ford Tudor with a Chevy small block and a 3 X 2 Stromberg setup...but only the middle carb was working, the outer ones was blocked off and was just there for "the look".

I thought that might be the answer! Thanks, Håkan.

Glad I got rid of 2 of them! Sorry the pictures came out so big. I made this years ago and I still love it.

346340289_munsterskoach1.JPG.106e959152f16242c2aa3708f4e7dde1.JPG1354288603_munsterskoach3.JPG.42670a4e73da63b27703974aef1d990c.JPG

2 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

I actually watched the movie that this kit is based on last night. Yeah, total 70's flashback! I have the kit, and maybe I should build it someday. 

SUPER RARE George Barris SUPER VAN Testors 1/25 scale Model Kit ...

That's not a Supervan, now this - this is a Supervan!

Edited by afx

5 hours ago, Daddyfink said:

I actually watched the movie that this kit is based on last night. Yeah, total 70's flashback! I have the kit, and maybe I should build it someday. 

Man...what kit mfg is that? Looks like one of the late futurist Syd Mead's illustrations. 

2 hours ago, styromaniac said:

Man...what kit mfg is that? Looks like one of the late futurist Syd Mead's illustrations. 

Originally it was a kit by IMC, 1973, and from what I read it was pulled from the shelves due to mother complaining about the sexuality it implied! 

Then it was re-issued by Testors as the Barris Supervan in 1977, based on the 1976 movie "Supervan" that is currently available on Amazon Video

IMC Love Machine George Barris Custom Show Car Rod Custom Van 100 ...

On 6/1/2020 at 9:48 AM, Daddyfink said:

Jesse you have some really awesome kits. I always enjoyed seeing your posts on what you bought...

7 hours ago, slusher said:

Jesse you have some really awesome kits. I always enjoyed seeing your posts on what you bought...

Thanks! I guess I have been pretty lucky in finding some things here and there. I haven't been to a kit show in a while, and with all the show cancellations, my wallet is catching a break! ?

On 6/1/2020 at 4:13 PM, Daddyfink said:

Originally it was a kit by IMC, 1973, and from what I read it was pulled from the shelves due to mother complaining about the sexuality it implied! 

Then it was re-issued by Testors as the Barris Supervan in 1977, based on the 1976 movie "Supervan" that is currently available on Amazon Video

IMC Love Machine George Barris Custom Show Car Rod Custom Van 100 ...

It was first called the Bed room van, then the love machine, then the Super van !

bedroom_van_sticker2.jpg

Van-yellow-custom.jpg

George-Barris-Love-Machine.jpg

Edited by Mr mopar

33 minutes ago, stitchdup said:

well its a supervan body, under all that tin is a gt40.

First, a Barris early Bronco

Ford Designed Barris Show Car

Pimptacular

Luxury Interior

George himself at wheel

Real Wood Trim

Later facelift

Wildflower Bronco

They put a Cossie in one too. They've had 3, the above is my favorite. No nice pulchritudinous ladies though. :(

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/ford-transit-supervan-history/

Ford_Supervan-4.jpg?fit=around%7C875:492Ford_Supervan-3.jpg?interpolation=lanczo

Edited by keyser
spacing