Model Cars Magazine Forum

British supercar from RoG in 2016

Matt Bacon

According to the guys on the Revell stand at SMW last weekend, Revell Germany will be releasing a 1/24 kit of a supercar from a British manufacturer in 2016, and if it sells well and the licensing deal works out for both parties, there will be follow-on models to come...

It's not the obvious one, either...

bestest,

M.

Only joined MCM tonight but was so glad I did when I found your build of the XJC 220. Have been collecting data on this car for nearly two years now,so as to try and build a scale model of the No 50 car that ran at Le Mans. Up till now I must have spent well over three times the cost of the two Tamiya kits I have bought to undertake the build. One for the cockpit area and floor pan, with the second one for the engine cover and the front end.

The decal sheet was probably the easiest item to get hold of, with the wheel rims being the hardest (so far) especially at it used a set of Speedline 5 blade alloys, scale wheels of the exact type just not being available, the nearest being a set of cast resin wheels made by C1.

I actually traced down No 50 to a private collector here in the UK, who kindly allowed me to take photographs of the actual car in 2013 and now we are in the digital age the number of photographs I was able to take was only governed by the length of time they allowed me in the garage !!   I was very interested in the discussion re the colour of the car as this is the colour that No 5 raced in, plus it appears that you found by way of Amazon a publication that gives a deal of information. Could I ask the name of the publication you have and its author, so I can try and get one for myself ? The only one I have found being "Jaguar XJ 220 the inside story" by Mike Moreton at £20.00 plus ?

As and when the build starts I hope to be able to compile a photographic step by step build as per yours, though I doubt it will turn out as good as it will be the first time I have done such an article

Must say how very impressed I am by the way you put the model together, especially the area of the engine top class in every respect.

BPR

Mmmm. Mclaren would definitely work. The Japanese seem to not be ontop of the new P1 yet. WHY????

I just don't combine British and supercar together usually. IE, nothing worthy enough of being labelled super. But yes. I had forgotten Mclarens are UK cars. 

New Astons, Lotus', Jaaaaags would still be welcomed. 

Mmmm. Mclaren would definitely work. The Japanese seem to not be ontop of the new P1 yet. WHY????

I just don't combine British and supercar together usually. IE, nothing worthy enough of being labelled super. But yes. I had forgotten Mclarens are UK cars. 

New Astons, Lotus', Jaaaaags would still be welcomed. 

It is surprising, considering Aoshima and Fujimi have both done McLarens recently, though mostly race cars (besides Fujimi's F1).  

Is there a British automobile manufacturer anymore? I thought all were sold to foreign companies or closed. I didn't realize McLaren was, but I know now.

Yes. Also what i wwas getting at. But we can only go on what Matt isn't telling us.