Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pontiac version of the Chevette (T-1000?)

I'm pretty sure that there was a model kit in 1/24 or 1/25 made of the Pontiac version of the Chevette.  And I'm pretty sure it was by USAirfix.  However, I cannot find any evidence of it (no pictures turning up on the 'Net.)  Does anyone remember which company made this?  Maybe have a picture they could share?  Thanks!

The Cadillac version of the J-body (Cavalier, J-2000/Sunbird, Skyhawk, Firenza) was the Cimmaron.  Same powertrain, same sheet metal, different headlamps and grille.  Pretty much a Cavalier four-door sedan with a Cadillac hood ornament and leather interior.  You could get one back in the day for around twelve grand, when a Cavalier Cadet (base model with cardboard door panels) was going for just over eight.

Airfix did sell the MPC '82 Cavalier kit with Airfix branding (the box was otherwise same as MPC's) in '82.  I've never seen an Airfix-branded Chevette kit, but that's not to say there wasn't one.

The Pontiac version of the Chevette was the Acadian (in Canada), T-1000 (in USA).  Canada had the Acadian a couple of years before we got the T-1000.  Canada also got the Pontiac Astre a couple of years before us, too.

I'm sure the only Chevette kits ever offered were the MPC annuals for '77.'78 and '79. No T-100 or Acadians. In fact, I'd bet my whole collection on it. 

Academy did a Daywoo built Pontiac LeMans  in the late '80s or early '90s, maybe that's what the OP is thinking of.

The '79 was the last promo/kit.  The 1:1 '80 had revised quarter panels, hatch, and taillights.  GM probably didn't want to spend the money to update the promo, and MPC probably wasn't selling enough kits to justify the expense...so no '80 Chevette kit.