Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Roadrunner Coupe

Nick Winter

Built this one exactly as I would of ordered it in 1968 (well fall of '67), although the white lettered tires were not an option until 1970. I'm sure the original rubber wouldn't have lased very long behind a 3.54 Geared Dana in a Hemi car. The color is PP1 Matador Red that I got my local jobber to mix, wheels and center caps are resin I cast, as is the proper "Hemi Head" Air cleaner, I've tried to finish the car in all correct finishes, I just noticed the blemish on the trunk lid after I took the photo's and will polish it to remove it. The Car is very much me, steel wheels with poverty caps, two door sedan body style (21 Body), bench seat with rubber floors (Vinyl floor covering), radio delete, but Rallye Pack gauges with a tac, Manual everything. HD everything. I truly love the Plymouth's of this era.

Will dig out photos of the interior tomorrow.

Nick

IMG_20151109_215958.jpg

IMG_20151109_220011.jpg

IMG_20151109_220030.jpg

IMG_20151109_215926.jpg

IMG_20151109_215910.jpg

IMG_20151109_215856.jpg

IMG_20151109_220126.jpg

IMG_20151109_215940.jpg

Great looking model as you did a great job.  Those tail lights (AMT's fault not yours) are a mess!   I am in the process of building one now but my car is more highly optioned.   I would throw a set of Missing Link's tail lights on it and you have the perfect looking 68 Roadrunner.  Again great job!

Great job, Nick. I really dig what you would´ve ordered in fall of ´67. I would have ordered a Roadrunner aswell. But it would have been in spring of ´69. Also have a build in progress on my bench. I like your taste and the model looks like something you wouldn´t wanna mess with. I has written "bad to the bone" all over it. B)

Nicely done except for the weird taillights... 

:blink:

Yeah, I need to fix them, I'd like to replace them with the Missing link units.

Great job, Nick. I really dig what you would´ve ordered in fall of ´67. I would have ordered a Roadrunner aswell. But it would have been in spring of ´69. Also have a build in progress on my bench. I like your taste and the model looks like something you wouldn´t wanna mess with. I has written "bad to the bone" all over it. B)

Something tell me if you would of ordered one in spring '69 that it would of been around March and came with Open black steelies and a fiberglass lift off hood ;)

VERY NICE! did you use Keith Marks decals?

Yes I did use Keith Marks '68-'70 Roadrunner sheet.

Great looking model as you did a great job.  Those tail lights (AMT's fault not yours) are a mess!   I am in the process of building one now but my car is more highly optioned.   I would throw a set of Missing Link's tail lights on it and you have the perfect looking 68 Roadrunner.  Again great job!

Yes, a set of Missing Link's Tail lights are on route actually.

Thank you everyone, it's my first finished model in over a year, I've been too busy playing with my 1:1 Mopar's to seem to ever get bench time.

Nick

12244597_10207817042201419_1038610278499819590_o.jpg

Nice!! When in the Army, I had a metallic blue 69 dart GTS with white interior and matching tail stripe. was too busy over seas, the rearend seized, and regretfully sold it. some time in the future I will build a model of my 70 Duster 340 wedge.........after the paintbooth

Edited by Dann Tier

A extremely excellent job on one of my favorite car of all time. I like the hubcaps on these cars better than the Magnum wheels that are found on many. A friend of mine has one similar to this one hubcaps and all, but different color, that was his grandpa's. His grandpa turned down $250,000.00 for it several years back, so it is still in the family. These are very sought after cars. You have really captured this one!!