Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Packard 734 Speedster Sedan

Eric Macleod

The goal for this model was to make it look box stock when in fact it was basically scratch built from the fenders up. A fun but lengthy project it is the fourth in my set of five Packard 734's. The fifth, a Speedster Victoria is forthcoming. 

The Speedsters 734 were a special high performance, high everything that came in  only had five body styles. It was so exclusive, only 113 were made across the five body styles. Actually 118, counting Eric's.;)Can we see the others?

Edited by landman

Yes you are correct.  it was a scratch built car as well. I used the Runabout body from the doors forward and a Monogram '30 model  A coupe for the turtle deck. It is not perfect but plays the part well. That is why the Speedster Victoria will be a little while before it sees light of day. It will also be scratch built but I haven't figured out how to build it yet.

I am a bit weird because I am so into sets of things.  I built the Roadster first,  then the Phaeton then the Sedan. I couldn't just leave the set unfinished.   I want to build one more Speedster Runabout as mine really is no longer up to the standard of the other thee models.