Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT and MPC new releases for 2016

gasman

.........just thought I'd pass along that after checking ebay a moment ago, the new 2016 release of the MPC 1969 Barracuda is offered by a west coast seller as of tonite.....if anyone has grabbed one this last week if it was out in your area, I would love to hear about the kit.......I'm sure lots of the forum members would too...........thanks,,,the Ace.......:D

The Ranchero is out; I saw it locally about a week and a half ago.  That particular store had it for $21 (sometimes their prices are above retail) so I'll probably wait and pick one up at NNL East, if I get one at all.  I've got a mint-in-box original and another one that was missing a couple of parts when I got it.  I did find a wheel cover later (it was missing one) but haven't found a steering wheel for that one yet.

Model Roundup showed the Ranchero as available about a week ago, so it's getting out there.    Neat to see the 1/32nd kits back, I have the Avanti reissue, none of the originals.

The Ranchero is out; I saw it locally about a week and a half ago.  That particular store had it for $21 (sometimes their prices are above retail) so I'll probably wait and pick one up at NNL East, if I get one at all.  I've got a mint-in-box original and another one that was missing a couple of parts when I got it.  I did find a wheel cover later (it was missing one) but haven't found a steering wheel for that one yet.

Thanks people! I will check in with Model Empire when I get into Milwaukee sometime this week. Gotta have it.

No 69' Barracuda yet?

.....its on ebay now, in the last couple of days,,,and my local shops say late next week, maybe.........the Ace.....oh, one thing...by the looks of the box art the 383 engine replaces the hemi that the original issue had, and many issues later,,,a bit disappointing....<_<

.....its on ebay now, in the last couple of days,,,and my local shops say late next week, maybe.........the Ace.....oh, one thing...by the looks of the box art the 383 engine replaces the hemi that the original issue had, and many issues later,,,a bit disappointing....<_<

I here you on that, I did see it on eBay .......but still would like to see it!

...oh, one thing...by the looks of the box art the 383 engine replaces the hemi that the original issue had, and many issues later,,,a bit disappointing....<_<

There's about a hundred other kits where you can get a Hemi to stick in there, if that's what your really want.  Don't see why that should be a deal breaker for anyone...

There's about a hundred other kits where you can get a Hemi to stick in there, if that's what your really want.  Don't see why that should be a deal breaker for anyone...

.....never said it was a deal breaker, Robert, just think a re issue of a very anticipated annual should be as it was in 69........the Ace...<_<

• 7 months later...

The 1/32 '65 Mustang fastback kit is coming back, too, in early 2017.

Cool! I think I had one of those back in the day. Or did I have the Aurora one, later reissued by Monogram? Can't remember.

Gotta get one and display it with a 1/32 P-51D Mustang. Or maybe it would motivate me to dig out and build my 1/32 '65 Barracuda, GTO, and Mako Shark.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, brian falcone said:

Old topic but I'd love to see the 72 ventura reissued. I may but the 72 nova and Jimmy flintstone  conversion. I build trucks but recently my wife  added this 72 to our driveway and I'd love a model of it 

20201108_124957.jpg

I bought the Flintstone body for someone here and they said it was pretty good.

I also have one of the Flintstone bodies. Some of the things I like about how it is done is the front grill area is already done and the casting is very cleanly done. Trying to get the conversion parts on the front of the old AMT Nova kit can be a pain and hard to hold in place while gluing. 

On 11/14/2015 at 8:39 AM, Brett Barrow said:

They ought to tie-in the 67 Impala with Supernatural TV show (I know, its a 4-door).

? 

On 11/14/2015 at 10:20 AM, Sledsel said:

Wonder if the 70 Wildcat will be far behind?

Still waiting on that one. Maybe in 2021.

2 hours ago, espo said:

I also have one of the Flintstone bodies. Some of the things I like about how it is done is the front grill area is already done and the casting is very cleanly done. Trying to get the conversion parts on the front of the old AMT Nova kit can be a pain and hard to hold in place while gluing. 

I also have a Flintstone Ventura II body. It is very nice, smooth casting. I wish the grill inserts were separate, but that is too much to hope for since the original AMT kit had them molded in to the nose as well.