Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT and MPC new releases for 2016

gasman

Before everyone gets TOO excited, keep in mind the flyer Casey posted was made at the end of 2015, and was only tentative in nature.  The only Round2 kit in January is the 1/32 Ranchero.  The only kits slated for February right now are the '69 Barracuda, the two '57 Chevys (one molded in white, the other in red) and the Space:1999 Deluxe & Metal Accessory Packs.  The Auto World Store website is the only public, dependable source of release information as far as what's coming out in any given months.  The other kits on the 1Q Flyer will be released, but not on the exact time schedule that flyer shows.

Edited by niteowl7710

What surprised me is this photo from the 2016 Nuremberg Toy Fair.  If you look to the lower right, they are displaying a Mod Rod Model A kit.  I have an original down in the basement.  In that original are included the parts for the original ALA KART.  If this is repopped, will those parts be in there as well?

International_Hobbycraft_05.jpg

Have one here also.....

545749_4902876723752_440499430_n.jpg

I owned Pinto's from September of '72 when I bought a 7 month old repo from the dealer for $1,680, try doing that today, that was the quickest four cylinder in our area, with a Geraghty dyno tune kit Sanderson headers, a 2 1/2" exhaust with a turbo muffler, and an adjustment to the stock timing pulley on the cam it surprised a lot of V-8's in the area, I built one 302 Runabout, that was fun to drive, and was a sleeper with the only giveaway being the two exhaust pipes coming out the right side of the back, but the most fun one was a '74 that we pulled the V-6 from my '74 Mustang II and put it into the Pinto that was 1,000 lbs. lighter, oh yeah, I forgot to say that it was built by a local engine builder, and was almost 400 horsepower, and was the only engine I ever had that would pull past 7,500 rpm in 4th gear and was still gaining speed when my testosterone levels started running low, and I started running out of straight and clear freeway too.

Edited by horsepower

The street machine version was reissued in '14 with a red car on the box,...so this a reissue of the stock version..decent kit, more accurate body than the Revell '67. 

This IS the street machine kit from 2014.

The street machine kit you refer to is a "2 in 1" kit; both the stock and the street machine parts are in the box.  The box art shows both cars....the red street machine is pictured on the top and the stock version is on the end panels as pictured above.    

This IS the street machine kit from 2014.

The street machine kit you refer to is a "2 in 1" kit; both the stock and the street machine parts are in the box.  The box art shows both cars....the red street machine is pictured on the top and the stock version is on the end panels as pictured above.    

Ah..odd they would be showing at a show in 2016 then..

The '70 Coronet pro street, and a Gremlin, can be seen in other pictures.  They are currently available items; why wouldn't Round 2 show those to drum up continued interest in them?

I suppose so...though at shows like this, isn't the emphasis on new releases? 

Edited by Rob Hall

The street machine version was reissued in '14 with a red car on the box,...so this a reissue of the stock version..decent kit, more accurate body than the Revell '67.

In some ways it is, in other ways it isn't. It's more easily corrected, though. I have a tutorial on here somewhere about how to sharpen up the front end to a much more accurate appearance. The other necessary changes are very simple. The Revell body needs its whole front and rear ends reworked.

The '70 Coronet pro street, and a Gremlin, can be seen in other pictures.  They are currently available items; why wouldn't Round 2 show those to drum up continued interest in them?

Technically it isn't round2 to who does the show, but Hobby Craft International who represents several US companies and displays their current product range and also does the announcements when they receive that info and are authorized to do so...

International Hobbycraft