Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have an MCW  65 Plymouth AFX car

I also have the same from Speed City Resin,

The Speed City Resin car is heads above the MCW kit quality wise . Dont get me wrong its not bad and very buildable ,,,,, but not  Modelhaus quality .

On the other end of the spectrum I have a R+R 65 Dodge AFX that I doubt I'll ever use

Kits are spelled out in the catalog of what you need to complete the Model . I own quite a few of Dave's Products . The resin castings he makes are of a Better quality than Revelle kits . I'll stand on this testimony every day of the week . A happy and repeat customer , yes , I am .  Thanx ..

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier this year I bought a couple of resin kits for the first time from MCW.  I found the quality to be good.  One of the kits was missing the rear window.  I emailed him and received the missing window a week later.  I am glad he stood behind his products.  I would definitely order resin kits from him again.

I bought his 63 Catalina kit numerous years ago and I thought the quality was very very good.  I have bought paint from Dave over the years and he is one of those people in our hobby that I want to stay in for a long time to come.  

I bought his 63 Catalina kit numerous years ago and I thought the quality was very very good.  I have bought paint from Dave over the years and he is one of those people in our hobby that I want to stay in for a long time to come.  

He told me that he had been attempting to sell the paint side of the business - said the resin side was much better profit-wise. So, I think you can expect his kits to be around for a while. Sure wish he'd install an online ordering system, though... :(

He told me that he had been attempting to sell the paint side of the business - said the resin side was much better profit-wise. So, I think you can expect his kits to be around for a while. Sure wish he'd install an online ordering system, though... :(

Online ordering definitely would be nice...it seems so old-fashioned and strange in 2015 to have to print out a form and mail it in w/ envelope and stamp.   

I've got the MCW 1958 Pontiac Chieftain sedan. The casting has the usual air bubbles but is decent for the money. But It has two small 1/8" diameter inclusions, one in the fender and one in the roof. The outline of these  darker areas  show through the paint after a Dawn dish soap soak and scrub,  two Tamiya primer coats and three Tamiya top coats. At this point I'm ready to dremel them completely through and patch with styrene plugs super glued and sanded. Any similar experience's with MCW or other resin ? Fixes ?

Edited by jdcar32
forgot information