Model Cars Magazine Forum

SHELBY COBRA restomod >real alu dash>high gloss paint

crazyrichard

started a new build .. finally after a long break ... i still had this shelby and this afternoon decided to start building it as a vintage racer .. few hours later  that plan wen out the window and i went restomod

revell kit 427 s/c

a92d315bbdd18f96f068a2d9af20e5ba.jpg

build the axles and suspension first

b3aedce76a8edb551ce0e09fc33a532b.jpg

a76afe173f9c668036b0c170855a20d1.jpg

loads of flash and cast seems .. so the body needed a good sand job

9444c1982eaee004ed5764f0674fe577.jpg

3a897e8fee4a63942eb3d085d79f6657.jpg

dryfitted it with the stock tyres

0b514a114a957ac8f8d4bc2875f61fec.jpg

then decided to drop it ...

4d2b828baede139574ee5d1736fccae9.jpg

094a8ae7ff8c0bd5b2bc84b4f0dd0c73.jpg

Edited by crazyrichard

yes it does .. i thought that it would be cool and like a extreme stagered look ... but you where right .. now also the room in the front is very minimal ..i could just squeeze in these wider rims now .. but i had to give them e tad more camber ... luckely it doesnt look like CAMBERRR but stil normal ....

maybe ...the rims wil be black ..or black centers ...still not sure ...there is the v12 cobra matte grey with black rims .. saw that one and decided to make something a bit similair (ot copying )..

as all my builds i never have a plan ...dont be suprized if i suddenly change it all together lol

underside with everything in place exept the engine-trans and drive shaft

final ride hight .. rear could come down a tad on final assembly due to some flex with the interiour tub

chopped the stock windshield ... will make custom posts i dont have the molding .. could get it @ revell but rather make something

firewall in place on  the tub and flattened so its one piece

seats dryfit

for a revell kit its lousy .. bad fitting > a very twisted body in the front > cast things..

but after a lot of altering and shavin of mm's of material from the top of the chassis / interiourtub , redoing the mount of the radiator i can fit everything ...

so suspension is in tact .. low ... big wheels all fits

shot primer to show the last imperfections , chassis needs a lot of sanding still on the tubes .. loads of flash seems

wet primered body , cleaned the side vents .. opened the louvres but the material of the body is so thick .. removing some from behind was no option .. that is in sight with the open chassis .. so just closed them / smoothened it..

and i dig it fits the  theme

dry primer ... needs some minour work

this is looking like it's a fun build. I have one of those same kits, and the body and most parts had so much flash and twist in them it took an extra 20 hours at least to get everything to fit right. I built it stock, so I know what your having to go through.  I am not talented/bold enough to make the changes you have done.
Very interested in seeing how this turns out! Time to up my game I think.