Model Cars Magazine Forum

Getting back into it after many years. Started when I was 10 and bought several kits around $12 each to make 1 rig. Always 1/25 scale because that was all we had. Got out of it in my late teens and now back at 50. Pricey now compared to then.....

My intro back into it is a pair of Freightliner COE's stretched pulling 53' reefer trailers. I am well underway with the first one with the frame for the second beside it to show the contrast. I still have sanding to do and fix a few glitches. They will have the appearance of 2 distinct rigs with personal driver preferences like Owner Operator rigs. 

I have seen some amazing builders on here and YouTube that have me a bit embarrassed to post.....but I love this stuff. More pics to come as it progresses. 

COE.jpg

Edited by John Crunkleton
Improper tag

Welcome back to the hobby. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your work looks pretty dang good to me. besides .It is just a hobby have fun relax and enjoy.

The more you do the better you will get. Lots of good advice and tips here.

Be Well

Gator

Getting back into it after many years. Started when I was 10 and bought several kits around $12 each to make 1 rig. Always 1/25 scale because that was all we had. Got out of it in my late teens and now back at 50. Pricey now compared to then.....

Same here.  Started as a kid, left the hobby in my late teens and back now at 51.  Welcome to the Forum.  This is a great place.  I did one of those Freightliner.  Watch for the front axle.  The wheels stick out a little too much.  I just did not use the front brake drums.  And the front axle has to be moved a little bit forward. 

Angel

Edited by angelo7

One thing I have learned since joining this group, is you never have to be embarrassed to post your stuff.  There are modelers of all skill levels here. Everyone here is great. You will never see an advanced modeler pick at a beginners work, and the advanced modelers are always willing to lend a hand. Its a great group.

Oh, and a great start to your Freightliner.

• 3 weeks later...

Same here.  Started as a kid, left the hobby in my late teens and back now at 51.  Welcome to the Forum.  This is a great place.  I did one of those Freightliner.  Watch for the front axle.  The wheels stick out a little too much.  I just did not use the front brake drums.  And the front axle has to be moved a little bit forward. 

Angel

Thanks for the input. I will certainly trim that up as well.

One thing I have learned since joining this group, is you never have to be embarrassed to post your stuff.  There are modelers of all skill levels here. Everyone here is great. You will never see an advanced modeler pick at a beginners work, and the advanced modelers are always willing to lend a hand. Its a great group.

Thank you very much. I look forward to getting advice and feedback.

Welcome back to the hobby. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your work looks pretty dang good to me. besides .It is just a hobby have fun relax and enjoy.

The more you do the better you will get. Lots of good advice and tips here.

Be Well

Gator

Thanks much. It is a lot of fun indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice work! And cabovers too! AWESOME! I have been a builder for decades, but kind of went on hiatus for the last ten years or a little more, for health and various reasons. I am also back at the bench, and it is great! Welcome back.................this bunch here on this site is tremendous! If I had found this site, and these great guys ten years ago, I'd never have hung it up!