Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Frantic Ford" Mustang Funny Car

Bruno

Just finished this one, I used the Polar Lights Tommy Grove Mustang Funny Car kit, with Slixx decals, and took the Hemi engine in the Polar Lights Hawaiian Charger Funny Car kit (the Frantic Ford had a Hemi in it) Paint is automotive basecoat / clearcoat. I also wired and plumbed it :)

This is the first Polar Lights funny car I build, those kits require some work to make them look nice, but I like them overall. Things I didn't like;

- the slicks are in two piece

- windows are too thick, I'll make my own windows next time

- the blower belt is separate  and rubber, which is a niece idea but here's how it looked

A friend gave me a part of strap that comes from a printer he said, it's perfect for blower belts on 1/25 cars, so that's what I used

Wheels were stripped and painted with Alclad polished aluminum :)

Very nice work on this Funny Car. I can't remember seeing these built before, but while I've been looking for those Polar Lights' FC Kits and wondering about their quality, it's nice to see that these can be turned into very good looking models. Really nice paint job and fine detailing. Also I like the color of those wheels, they look very realistic to me.