Model Cars Magazine Forum

1967 Impala SS

Cardz

Wow, where do I start with the compliments?  The first thing that struck me was the paint.  Great shade of red, nicely applied, and it's not blue like 99% of the other '67 Impalas we see on here.  :P  Additional kudos for some 

well done chassis, engine bay and interior detailing.  It was also nice to see someone do the black detailing on the Keystones.  Most people seem to skip that anymore.  

Do you recall what paint you used on the body?  

If you happen to remember where the Keystones came from, I'd also like to know.  (Definitive input from other members also welcome) I'm thinking they're from the Revell '68 Charger, but don't have one to compare.

Wow, where do I start with the compliments?  The first thing that struck me was the paint.  Great shade of red, nicely applied, and it's not blue like 99% of the other '67 Impalas we see on here.  :P  Additional kudos for some 

well done chassis, engine bay and interior detailing.  It was also nice to see someone do the black detailing on the Keystones.  Most people seem to skip that anymore.  

Do you recall what paint you used on the body?  

If you happen to remember where the Keystones came from, I'd also like to know.  (Definitive input from other members also welcome) I'm thinking they're from the Revell '68 Charger, but don't have one to compare.

Thus is the second paint job...guess what color it was initially ;) The red is called Cayenne, by duplicolor.

I cant remember where i got the Keystones. ill look around when i get home from work see if i can jog my memory. To me the black is what separates keystones from the rest. If your not gonna do the black mite as well just throw cragers on.

Thanks for the compliments Monty and others.

I recently received a set of Keystone Classics in a trade that I believe came from an old Johan Sox & Martin Cuda kit, but that won't help you much.

There was also a set in the AMT 1951 Chevy Belair hardtop kit at one point.

Probably others, but I'm not sure which.

Steve