Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Ford XL in 2 Hours

Porscheman

Unbelievable!

Outside of the paint having far too much metallic in it, I think it looks pretty nice!

Steve

I started this at 2:30 this afternoon and was finished at 4:30. Steven, I primered  the body with Tamiya Military mediun blue and I thought the Testors Diamond Mist was a pearl overcoat. Boy was I wrong, you can't even see the blue. The diamond over powered it and this is what I was left with. When your doing a quick build for a contest, you don't have the luxury of a repaint.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Al 

Edited by Porscheman

I started this at 2:30 this afternoon and was finished at 4:30. Steven, I primered  the body with Tamiya Military mediun blue and I thought the Testors Diamond Mist was a pearl overcoat. Boy was I wrong, you can't even see the blue. The diamond over powered it and this is what I was left with. When your doing a quick build for a contest, you don't have the luxury of a repaint.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Al 

I've found that the Testors lacquer metallics are all far too large for 1/25th scale.

It really kind of irritates me that a company that makes paint for largely 1/25th scale can't seem to get their metallics a little closer.

People complain about the kit companies getting a body line slightly off on a particular kit. This is completely inexcusable to me.

It would not be difficult to change their formula slightly to get that a little closer to correct.

Seems to be total laziness!

But, all that said, you did a terrific job on this Ford......& speedy too! :D

Steve