Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Truth Is Out...The Earth Is Flat !!!

Ace-Garageguy

There is one so obvious fact that blows the idea of a flat Earth so completely out of the water that I can't understand how anyone can possibly believe the Earth is flat. And that is this: at any given time, it is daytime on one side of the Earth, and nighttime on the opposite side. Because the Earth is round and while one side is facing the sun, the other side isn't! This can be proven beyond any doubt. And this phenomenon would be impossible if the Earth was actually flat.

Case closed.

So how can there still be people who believe the Earth is flat when it is so easily disproved?  :blink:

maybe there are TWO sides to the flat earth and it spins so there is night and day...

I only stipulate that parts of the earth are flat but I'm saying which parts.

and oh yeah, the moon is hollow and cheesy, that's why it hasn't hit the flat earth yet.

BEWARE THE CHEESE RAYS COMING FROM THE MOON!

maybe there are TWO sides to the flat earth and it spins so there is night and day...

But you miss the point, grasshopper...

The flatheads believe that the Earth is stationary and the sun, moon, and planets all revolve around it.

Ok. So if that is the case, the flat Earth must be horizontal, right? Otherwise all the water in the oceans would slosh to one side. So the flat Earth must be horizontal. And since we have day and night, the sun must therefore revolve around the flat Earth in a vertical orbit, so that the flat Earth is illuminated during the day, while the sun is making its orbit overhead... and the flat Earth is dark while the sun is orbiting "under" the Earth. Right?

So if that's the case, it would be daylight everywhere on Earth at the same time, and it would be dark (night) everywhere on Earth at the same time. Either the sun would be in that part of its orbit where it is above the flat Earth's horizon (daytime) or below it (nighttime).

But in reality, we have different areas of the Earth sunlit (daytime) and in darkness (nighttime) at the same time. That can only possibly happen if the Earth is round, and the part facing the sun is in daylight while the side away from the sun is dark (night).

Like I said... flat Earth theory blown away. Period.

The flat-earthers are actually extra-dimensional aliens! They live in the "space between the spaces" and view what we see as 3D in 2D........ Remember Bat-Mite from the comics? He was an extra-dimensional that viewed BatMan's world through a type of TV, where it would appear as two-dimensional............ 

;)

So how can there still be people who believe the Earth is flat when it is so easily disproved?  :blink:

Because they UNDERSTAND that global warming is the biggest threat to mankind, not ISIS!   It's all part of the understanding the rest of us just don't get.  Get it?   :huh:

Flat-earthers also probably do not believe that humans ever landed on the moon (that was another government conspiracy).  There was even an expose book written about that (with proof). :)  You know, all this talk about flat earth having edges made me think - what if the flat earth is like a Mobeus strip?  There is no "bottom" as there is only one surface!  Why didn't they think of that?

earthsucks_5.jpg

I get a kick out of reading Harry's post on this. I'm wondering why Harry, your so worried about this and the people who believe that earth is flat. I personally think these people are idiots. But, how does their stupidity affect me in the long run? Most modern people with a common education realize the earth is round and that flat earth theory makes no sense. It is a very small bunch that believes that the earth is flat. And not worth worrying about.

Edited by unclescott58

I get s kick out of reading Harry's post on this. I'm wondering why Harry, your so worried about this and the people who believe that earth is flat. I personally think these people are idiots. But, how does their stupidity affect me in the long run? Most modern people with a common education realize the earth is round and that flat earth theory makes no sense. It is a very small bunch that believes that the earth is flat. And not worth worrying about.

It's not that I'm worried about them. It's that I can't understand how anyone with a "normal" level of intelligence and a "normal" level of logic and reason can possibly believe something that is so easily disproved!

It's not like religion. Very smart people can believe in a given religion, while others can think those beliefs are weird and completely disagree with them, but nobody can actually prove their religious beliefs are wrong... so we give them a certain leeway no matter how much we may believe otherwise. We don't necessarily think of them as stupid or uninformed, because our own religious beliefs are also unprovable and no more or less valid than the other guy's beliefs. But you can easily prove that the Earth is not flat in such simple terms that a child could understand the concept. So how can someone, in spite of indisputable proof otherwise, still believe the Earth is flat? I don't get it. I would love to meet one of these people and talk to them one-on-one, just to see what they think about other topics... ^_^

... But, how does their stupidity affect me in the long run? Most modern people with a common education realize the earth is round and that flat earth theory makes no sense. It is a very small bunch that believes that the earth is flat. And not worth worrying about.

Well, the way I see it, it's just symptomatic of the widespread scientific ignorance of the general population...people who are voting. I'll wager if you ask people in the street, the majority won't even know the Earth orbits the sun, or that one orbit defines one year. A friend of mine was dating a "well-educated" professional woman who truly didn't know our sun was a star, like billions of others twinkling in the night sky. She refused to accept it. I know a very well-paid real estate agent who didn't think levels had been invented when my last house was built...in 1969. She cited that as the reason the doors all hung wonky and the masonry was a joke. The majority of people don't know what makes their cars go, or what actually happens when you turn on the lights in your house, or how the electricity to run them is made.

Yet THESE are the people who are essentially running the country, voting for representatives and policies about which they know absolutely NOTHING...by choice...and if they DO know anything, it's media or politically-twisted, and half the time, wrong.

That's how it affects YOU in the long run.

NOTE: I believe this comment qualifies as "civics", not the forbidden "politics".

What is that shade attached to?  ^_^

Antimatter. 

Maybe the the flat-earthers believe the sun doesn't have as much power as the rest of us rationalites do, only emanating a direct beam of light on certain areas of the Earth at once.

Also, the flat Earth must be quite thick, more of a cube. How do we drill for oil, have earthquakes...?