Model Cars Magazine Forum

White 7400 & Detroit 6V71 project

I'm taking notes so that I'll be ready to build mine. Nice work!

Be sure to label them as "What Not to Do" :lol:

Thanks Brian and  Mark

Jeff is there any other engine out there other then Detroits ? ;)

I made up a bumper for this truck, kind of a mix of two prototypes thrown into one

Thanks for looking in :)

Gator - thanks for stopping in :)

Another small update but a huge obstacle out of the way - Exhaust piping.

That has to be my most unfavorite part about building truck models. Perhaps if I would just build one out of the box.

It does not look like much but I can assure you there are over a dozen segments that make up this piece of piping.

Anyway I am happy to have it done. ;)

I dont know how other modelers attach their conversion cabs. I needed something to where I could place the cab, be able to make other things and remove the cab for ease of assembly.  This is my method - Aluminum tubing that has an inside diameter that is a perfect fit with mechanics wire.  I used a piece of tubing between the tilt horns for stability and two pieces mounted to the cab with styrene backing . I am happy with the results although there was still a lot of trial and error to get the cab mounts to where I wanted them. The nice thing with the styrene back was I could use tape to hold it in place while checking alignment and measurements.

Afbeelding

Using the picture Jacobus supplied I worked on the air intake and filter.

I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel and getting closer to paint on the frame.

Jeff - I ended up sectioning in another piece of .030" to alter the exhaust piping. It is a never ending challenge.

lookin good sean

i got the picture when i was already finishd with my white

i am glad i can help somebody else and now i look how you do thing,s for my second built of this white

i know also how difficult it is to make the cab connected to the chassis with resin building

great work

i follow this one

jacobus

From the pictures I have seen of the real trucks they were pretty plain.  I needed a plain exhaust so that was today's project. I stole a pen from my Wife - " Call before you Dig" sure hope she does not need that one - but I have never seen her with a shovel in her hand before ^_^

Just to tempt my sanity I also made a rain cap which does not show in the picture very well due to background washout.  I think this is pretty much it for modifications to the chassis.

PB294321.jpg

Thanks for looking in :)

Edited by Old Buckaroo