Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Fontana Bros.

In the late 70's, the two Fontana Brothers took over the family business. Originally, Frank Sr. ran an apple farm in upstate NY and would use his truck to help out neighboring farmers move equipment around (other farms or the shop as needed). The brothers, George and Frank Jr. (his sons) got into excavating (with a few trips to municipal auctions and such) and expanded the family business. They hauled their tools around with an old (but well cared for) Diamond Reo. A year or two later, the boys bought a second truck (a used Freightliner Cabover) and teamed up to do hauling in the off-season. The boys hauled equipment in the spring/summer, apples and cabbage in the fall and general freight in the winter (they even bought a load of Christmas trees to sell on the farm in December). Yes, Coradina and Frank Sr. raised a couple of great boys!

This story is fictional, but is a composite of several great people who have influenced me as a kid and I've had the honor of knowing. Thank you to our farmers and the folks that brought our things to us! (Fred, if you're reading this from upstairs...I will find a 74 Royale and build your truck!)

2015-11-17 21.51.20.jpg

2015-11-17 21.51.36.jpg

2015-11-17 21.52.29.jpg

2015-11-17 21.52.44.jpg

2015-11-17 21.52.06.jpg

• 1 month later...