Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trouble Posting Photos by URL

Dave Darby

What I'm still REALLY curious about is that I have used the same identical method to post photos here since I joined this site in 2012. 3 different computers, three different browsers, same procedure works for me every single time...and is blazingly fast with Chrome and my current hot-rod computer.

Hmmmmm....

custom-made-front-engine-dragster-02_zpsiisqxlil.jpg.html.jpg

OK... so I just right clicked up on the image in line above and pasted it in. As I type this, I can see the image in the reply window. Now, here goes copy-pasting exactly the same way from a different web site`;

51Tk3t0jS6L.jpg

That's from Amazon. As I type this time, I can see both images in the reply window.

Now I'm going to hit "Submit Reply"

M.

Now it's 17:04 UK time on Thursday (why aren't you lot all out at Thanksgiving dinners?) and I can still see both of those pictures in this thread on my computer screen. But on my phone, they are replaced by hollow boxes with:

"custom-made-front-engine-dragster-02-zpsiisqxlil.jpg.html.jpg" and

"51Tk3T0jS6L.jpg"

inside.

So right click copy and right click paste is clearly not working in Safari on a Mac. Though if all I ever looked at was my own computer, it might look like it was. I wonder if those image filenames are all you guys ever see, but I see the actual pictures while they are still in my browser cache, but once they are flushed from the cache they revert to the filenames in my browser as well...

bestest,

M.

Matt, I just went to Amazon (I'm on Firefox via Windows) and here's what I'm right clicking, copying, and pasting..............

Revell SnapTite Enzo Ferrari Plastic Model Kit

As you said, the pic is showing up on my text window, and it should be showing up on your end.

As far as Thanksgiving dinner, I'm having dinner at my Niece's home at 3PM EST, and she's literally 3 minutes away from me. :P

The reply box was completely empty when I first pasted the first picture. That screwy "jpg.html.jpg" on the end must have come in as part of the right click copy or paste. As a matter of interest, the images I pasted have now (15 minutes later) disappeared on my screen as well. The Ferraris that you posted and Ken copied and posted are visible up above. So it looks like Windows firefox does something different from Mac Safari, and the forum software likes one but not the other...

bestest,

M.

Matt, it seems as though your second method works best for your system as the second Ferrari pic is the only one I'm seeing at this end. Like you mentioned, Safari may work differently on a MAC for whatever reason as opposed to Windows. I'd go with your second method albeit a bit a of pain to have to type IMG tags in each time. :o