Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1964: 1/8 Triumph Custom Show Bike on the Workbench 11/20/15 : "Outside" finished pictures 12/23/15

Hello........Chris ,Tim,Joe........thanks guys for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I started  on the paint job......I started with a H.O.K. Gold base then shot H.O.K. Lime Time Pearl over that........then I masked off and shot Gold Faskolor gold flakes......then I shot H.O.K. Organic Kandy Green over that.......and clear coated......I need to sand down and fog H.O.K. Kandy Organic Green on the edges next.......thanks for looking 

I don't know about everybody else, but I just got my Christmas present. This is the first time I can remember you showing the process John.

No more eggnog or fruitcake for me. My holiday is done.

Now, go to a web Thesaurus, search the word "Beautiful", and apply all forms and variations.

Hello.....thank you all very much for the kind comments......I really do appreciate them:).......I`m going to put a fork in this one and call it done.....I attached the gas tank and pet cocks and fuel lines.......I attached the fender and the seat with seat springs.......and made some taillights and got them attached .......I will take some "Outside" finished pictures in a few days.......thansk for looking 

John... I am loving how this turned out. It is flat out Bad A$$. I absolutely love the little faded graphics that was applied to the tank. That fine line break and fade just top it off. This turned out gorgeous that for sure. That is too funny with the pic of the fork in the bike... :lol:. The details on this build are just killer. Real Nice job on this one.

Edited by Mooneyzs

Dude, you continue to impress with your paint (and overall modeling) skills.  That looks awesome and I like the fact you took time along the way to show how you did that. For those of us that will never be able to paint like that (myself) it at least gives us something to strive for.  Thanks again John......like everyone else, I'll treat the fork humor as a bonus.  ;)   Cheers, Tim