Model Cars Magazine Forum

That's not Jungle Pam

Greg Myers

• 3 years later...

Time is rough on ALL of us,one way or another.But if you watch some old videos of her,she sure was a sight to be seen backing up her driver,Jungle Jim.Who was killed when he crashed into a bus head on.He was only in his early 30s.I never knew that tragedy happened..Pam played a kind of similar role in drag racing as the great Linda Vaughn.They just needed to look really good at the race track,to bring in more male fans into the world of nostalgic drag racing.Well I mean nostalgic now:lol:.One word,they were "Bombshells"And there were a lot of others.  : ) Hot woman and drag racing,what a great combo..

IMG_7594.JPG

IMG_7595.JPG

IMG_7596.JPG

IMG_7598.JPG

IMG_7599.JPG

IMG_7600.JPG

IMG_7601.JPG

Have you seen Daisy Duke lately?  Not to be mean but some age better than others.  Christy Brinkley is one of the few exceptions pushing 70 and still looks hot.  What does Barb look like now?  I'd look in the mirror before throwing too many stones.

56 minutes ago, oldnslow said:

Well , I looked homely back then , so not much change . :lol:

Ditto. And yet... I work as a sub at the same high school I went to as a kid. A few years back, some kids wanted to see my picture from an old yearbook they had in the library (now called the media center). I open the book to my picture, and showed the kids. One young lady looks at it and says, "That's not you." I say, "Yes it is." She says, "No." I point out that it has to be me, because my name is with the picture. She still says, "No." I then asked her why she thought that was not me? She pointed at the picture and said, "That guy is hot." So I guess maybe I wasn't always old and homely. As I am now. 

21 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Have you seen Daisy Duke lately?  Not to be mean but some age better than others.  Christy Brinkley is one of the few exceptions pushing 70 and still looks hot.  What does Barb look like now?  I'd look in the mirror before throwing too many stones.

Some of it is how they take care of themselves, but most of it whether they can afford the plastic surgery time after time.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:22 AM, Jim N said:

Some of it is how they take care of themselves, but most of it whether they can afford the plastic surgery time after time.

IMO plastic surgery just makes it worse.

Everytime they get a face pull, they end up looking more and more like the Joker

_102476818_nicholson1_warnerbros.jpg.d410cfb8f2e344ea538278b3958c2ffd.jpg

Plus, lip injections end up looking like they just kissed a vacuum cleaner to me. 

I think Pam looks good for her age. She looks happy and healthy. We all can't look 20 years old forever guys!

1 hour ago, Tom Geiger said:

I remember my grandfather at 87 telling me that he still felt 18 inside.  

I can relate. 

In fact, I think a lot of us here can relate. After all, we're still building model cars, aren't we? B):lol:

(And listening to Hendrix, Credence, Zep, and so forth, too...and whatnot.....)

On 3/14/2019 at 1:22 PM, vamach1 said:

Christy Brinkley is one of the few exceptions pushing 70 and still looks hot.

Not without some obvious help.

Christie-Brinkley-Plastic-Surgery3-660x330.jpg.e1b89d4d3c270d5686710a7dff8b5385.jpg

christie-brinkley-fillers-face-age-botox-laser-treatment.jpg.2f21d70aae28211ee2e84b49be88f6ee.jpg

_102476818_nicholson1_warnerbros.jpg.97891d15bd4652d4cd698478e6fc49f9.jpg

See what I mean.

I say, great for Pam to age so gracefully, instead of trying to FORCE back the clock.

Bravo Pam! Stay happy and enjoy your life.

Edited by Oldcarfan27

16 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

IMG_7596.JPG.86075cb03cdeb07a359ae755c0e862b9.JPG

Time has not been kind to most of us!   If this is Pam today, she's doing better than most folks, and any of us would be lucky to have her!

I remember my grandfather at 87 telling me that he still felt 18 inside.  

So be it.

My father used to say something like that to me. He said "he was a young man trapped in this old body". He was injured badly skiing at Mt Rose at Lake Tahoe in his seventies. Doctors told him he would never ski again. Two years later they finely said he could do a little Cross Country skiing. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, misterNNL said:

We should remember that Pam toured with Jim starting when she was 18 and stopped at age 22. Show me any 70 year-old that still looks like she did at 22 and we'll help you pay to have your eyes checked !

Amen. I have looked in the mirror many times and wondered who that old man is. Getting old is not for the faint of heart, you have to be brave that's for sur.  

On 3/31/2019 at 4:07 PM, misterNNL said:

We should remember that Pam toured with Jim starting when she was 18 and stopped at age 22. Show me any 70 year-old that still looks like she did at 22 and we'll help you pay to have your eyes checked !

Pam's not 70. She's 64 or 65.