Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cobra 427 S/C, 1/24, Monogram/Hasegawa

Matt Bacon

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, guys... I haven't been idle the last couple of weeks, but progress has been slow. Got the Patto's Place decals on: mixed feelings about those. You could certainly do with some spares to stuff up before you get the hang of them. You should soak them much less long than you think you need to, because if they even start to separate from the backing paper in the water, you're in all kinds of trouble... Really, I should have painted the stripes, but I should have thought about that BEFORE doing the blue...

bestest,

M.

Well, crikey. I'm glad these are done. The Fine Molds parts include the makings of much more in-scale jacking hooks (if that's what they are) than the inch thick cast iron slabs represented by the plastic parts. Four bits of etch to fold, a length of brass tube to cut up into the mounts, and a reasonable number (ie more than you'll need) of rivets/fasteners.

jack-points.jpg

Fold the etch, wiggle the fasteners through, slide the brass tube on the end. Eight times. Did I mention that they're tiny? Tack'em with superglue, and this is what you get. These'll be painted black, because I don't like the look of chrome, and I found a car with black ones fitted (the same one that has the black roll hoop that I already borrowed...)

bestest,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

• 4 years later...

Not sure if the completed build was posted in under glass?  So it seems most of the metal parts are for the engine but I’ve seen this kit for almost ten times what the Monogram all plastic version sells for unbuilt.  So does anyone think the price premium is worth that much at today’s collector prices or is the Mad Mike engine a good substitute for a fraction of the cost?  Any other all resin kit I have seen of a 427 Cobra are over $200.

2A0DB0F8-FC08-4698-8AFB-A1CDC14BAC65.jpeg

Edited by vamach1