Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Transtar 4300 "Hidden Agenda"

I hatched this idea about five years ago, but never really did much other than think about it until a few months ago. At first, it just looks like a nicely restored Transtar, until you look closer, or open the hood. Then you realize it's riding on a 2010 LoneStar chassis. Sort of like a "Class 8 Restomod", it has the looks of a classic, but you can get service or mechanical parts from any International dealer. Which might come in handy for when that MaxxForce starts giving you fits! Hey, at least the dealer will 1. Have parts for it in stock, and 2. know what the hell a MaxxForce is to begin with. Same can't be said for the V800. :lol:

Paint is none other than IH Harvester red for the chassis and interior (where you will also find the LoneStar's seats), and Ford Oxford White for the cab and hood. The red stripe decals (and warning labels on the rear frame rails) came from modeltruckin.com, while I took the liberty of making myself the driver with the "Chuck" decal from the AMT White Road Boss. The "Not For Hire" decals are from the Ford race car hauler. I also used a foiled AITM too box to fill in the void under the passenger's side of the plated Mercury sleeper. I don't normally build conventionals with sleepers, but I just had to try that plated Mercury on this one. Glad I did now!

This is an awesome build Chuck. Your braver than Iam. I couldn't use a Moebius kit as a donor. My wife would kill me if I bought a 75 dollar kit for parts. This is great. I really like it. Looks like a truck that'd be rollin down the So Cal highways after the first of the year, with all the new emission regulations taking affect.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...