Model Cars Magazine Forum

Oshkosh Front discharge mixer- Build pics added !

A few more..

close up of the MTM barrel drive..resin MTM gearbox, I built the hydraulic motor and plumbed w various size tubing. The hose clamps were slivers of BMF .

From the front..I've since fixed the lopsided mirrors! The NY plates were decals scaled from actual pics of the 1-1 mixer

Enjoy!

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!  

Gator - I was inspired by the work Clint Freeman did on his mixer, and info about his work helped me find the right foundation for parts! The Cummins M11 and Allison tranny are his castings . I just added the subtle details. 

The toughest part was finding out every truck in Vitale fleet are different. The actual truck number 124 was damaged in a rollover during the build last year...it's twin 123 became my main reference,  trying to keep the details like the lunch box seen on 124. 

The question about providing plans...I wish I could  but didn't work off of any blueprints.  I was provided a parts book for the truck, and combined multiple measurement, made the parts..first in card stock to check fit, then in appropriate thickness sheet.

Thank you for the great comments, it makes all the work well worth it !  I watch in admiration at the amazing builds everyone here posts. 

next week I'm planning to introduce the model to the actual owners of the concrete company its built from! They allowed me unprecedented access to their yard,and excited to see their reaction to seeing their truck in a model!