Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who's Got The Keys To The Water Truck?

LUKE'57

Luke...Man, that is nice! Wow! Well done! I take it the dirt track is another photo layout dio...Not to try and dismantle your 'magic tricks', but did you use two pictures cropped together in PhotoShop, blurred track, then stationary car, with some dust added? Just curious, as PhotoShop is something I haven't tried to tackle at all!

Sorry to be a pest...How many dios do you have currently? I've seen two shops, the paved track with stands, and the dirt track...any others? Any chance of some wide view photos of the dioramas to see the whole dio? You seem to keep adding to them (chainlink fenced compound at the shop, for example). Looks like you do all, or most, of your photos outside...real trees and sky in the background? Okay, enough of the third degree...just an aspect of the hobby that I haven't delved into until now...thanks for your patience, and answers to my stream of questions!! I'll probably have more... :lol:

Man, Tony you really work an old man pretty hard. LOL

To answer your questions as best I can.............

1-The track and car and real trees in the background is all one picture. I had to photoshop in the streel guardrail from a pic of my paved track because I haven't put one on the dirt track yet. The track blurring, driver and the dust was photoshopped in later.

2-I've got two shops, one paved track with grandstands, one "reversable" (early to late fifties single guardrail with outer access road on one side with '60's double steel guardrail on the other) paved straightaway, one dirt track straight and an under construction combination museum and theater with a BIG parking lot.

3- I'll try to either find or shoot some wider shoots and yes I love sunshine for the pics. Gives great depth of field and prototypically realistic shots.

I took some sleep medicine just before signing on and it's kicking my tail so I'll try to get you some more info later. Got our first race of the season tomorrow but I'm off all next week and I'll have some time to shoot some pics to illustrate just what I do and how I do it so ask all the questions you want. Glad to help anyone I can.

• 2 months later...