Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Subaru WRC 1998 7Up

PatW

Hot foot from 'On the workbench' here are the rest of the pics...................

Lots of decals, some from the kit and aftermarket and some home printed.

A bit of poetic licence with the last pic as Miko has never driven for Subaru as he had a Ford contract. I couldn't find any other driver decals! 

31.JPG

40.JPG

25.JPG

26.JPG

30.JPG

41.JPG

39.JPG

Edited by PatW

Thanks guys. The build is just down to research and imagination of how I would like to see a 1:1 car that I would build and run, really great fun. Just as a taster I'm now looking at  Time Attack cars, that's sprinting round a road course track against the clock for only one lap!

So the cars are built like some of the Pikes Peak cars, very low with wings front and back!!  So I shall be using plenty of plasticard!

Top notch work Patrick! It's amazing all

the driving lights they can fit on a Rallye

car like that.

Road America race track is 20 mins. from

where I live. You would love all the sports

car races there. It's a great place to watch

racing that's for sure!

Build Happy sir,

David S.

very cool so how did you put the grafix on the wheel i would just like to know a trick of the trade if you wouldnt mind sharing 

I've only got the tyre decals on the tyres. The wheels are just rough painted. There are OZ wheel decals for the centres but I can never get those in the right place as they are so small.

Awesome build!

Thanks Jonathan, just trying something different! I've started building a Citroen 2CV van by Tamiya/Ebbro, found the Michelin man and various Michelin logo's on Google last night so just printed them onto white decal paper. So it's out into the cabin to seal them with Gloss Clear, once dry, give them another coat later and they are ready to go!

I'm finding, putting builds on forums a bit of a waste of time! There's over 300 views on this build but only about 10 people have actually taken time to comment, the others just haven't bothered.  

I've got one 2cv van to finish on here and one other must do, and then no more forums.

Edited by PatW