Model Cars Magazine Forum

I appreciate your confidence in my abilities, but I'd rather build a real one than a 1/4 scale Seven.  Maybe power it with a 1/2 scale Hemi?

The engine became too cumbersome to handle and work on so I mounted it to the stand.  The fit was tight around the harmonic balancer so I shaved some material from the front mount.

The exhaust manifolds were heavily textured to look like cast items.

The belts were very tight and needed to be stretched.  The largest one, even after initial stretching, was too taut for the power steering pump and it broke off the engine.  I had to remount it with two half inch lengths of brass for strength.  At this point it does “run”.

NICELY done! The kit I got and the one thats done did NOT come with any power steering! BUT I do have the cross-ram on mine which would signify "racing" that way back when these engines only powered the alternator! -I'd LOVE to get my hands on one of the 2x4 intakes like you have here!!!!! I also have the correct 426 Hemi A990 "Race Engine" air cleaner on mine!!!!

In the instructions they have ads for other versions, and other scales.

All the wiring and ancillaries are installed and the decals have been applied.

I got it to run twice before the alternator shaft sheared off.  I drilled out both parts of the shaft beefed it up with brass like the power steering pump.  It is fully assembled and it runs.  Albeit backwards.

After being clued into mistakes in the instructions about the installation of the belts, (courtesy of Chuck Kourouklis), I redid them. 

Not only is there no stretching and fighting with the belts (because they fit this way), there is no excessive tension on the parts.  But it still runs backwards and the battery box is not designed to allow simply reversing the batteries.  I’m calling it done.

Click on the photo to see it "run".