Model Cars Magazine Forum

Greetings From Barcelona

Hi everyone :) my names christian and I have finally decided to get back into building models again!!!
I used to be obsessed by the 3 in 1 Kits back in the nineties (AMT/Ertl) my first being a deep purple 32 hot rod when i was only 13, and now 20 + years later I have decided to pick up the Dremel again for the reason I bought it for originally and not for fixing speakers during and after the festival season!!!

Now I have some time during winter I would love to get back into it!

I managed to buy for very cheap as they are from the 90s and in perfect box and condition in a flea market for (5 Euro = 4 Dollars) 1 Lancia Delta S4 Bburago die-cast (I know but i have to start somewhere) and a 1997 Porsche GT3 cup die-cast all unused and in the box.

I just wanted to know where It was worth putting together or keeping everything in the box as is unbuilt (worth more in the future??) or start hacking/Modifying/ratting  the Porsche for practice (not the lancia) after all these years.

Im more than certain after 20+ years the glue will not go where i want to too and everything else for that matter and for 4 dollars I certainly wont have a problem scrapping the porsche in my soon to be built fallout car dealership from all my soon to be made mistakes.

I just wish the models were not as expensive as they are, now here in Spain around 50 dollars each (if I can find any online) and to have to start all over again.. With all the amazing spares I manage to gather over the years which unfortunately i lost due to my house getting burgled seems like it will be very costly.

Oh well I have to start somewhere

Amazing to meet you all and thank you for any help for the future

Best Regards

Christian

Thanks Dann Really looking forward to all the help and inspiration from everyone. It seems there are lots of peoples finally getting back into what I thought was a dying art.

so good to hear that there is still a massive community going strong.

And now with internet I cant wait to start building.

Welcome back to building and to the forum, Chris. I'm a believer in 'models were made to be built', so I would have everything die cast in the purple pond getting paint stripped. I can't but something for exorbitant prices just because someone thinks it's oldness or rarity deserves it. Everything I buy I plan to build, though I may never live that long! Most car model kits are far cheaper than what they're charging for armor or even planes.