Model Cars Magazine Forum

87 Buick

Cool Hand

Thanks for the comments.

was it a problem to slam it to the ground from "Donkthink" to a cool criuser?

Not really, but it did take a little bit of work though, I removed front inner guards from the body and rear wheel tubs from the chassis and then modified stock suspension to get it lowered. And being that it was built curbside I didnt have to re-build/re-work what was removed.

did it come with a engine ?

Yes, but I donated the engine else where.

Man, there are a lot more pics  in the OP than when I first posted.

I am building the same car now, from a different kitting. Took me a while to get the engine sit right, and now deep in the build, it's still making me crazy. Fitting the nose of the car now, and good lord, how did you get yours so clean?

Edited by Harry Joy

Aligned/attached the nose the best I could, then spent alot of time filling(with super glue) and sanding.

I've been using Tamiya putty and CA. Been sculpting this for days now. Usually, if I have to use this much putty on a kit I might continue to putz with it a few days, then toss it in frustration. Or at least box it up until I've forgotten how much it bugged me, to pull out and try to finish.

But this one is soooo close to complete, I cannot do it (and my wife would kill me - she's a slave driver, I tell ya). I've extended putty and glue down most of the right front quarter trying to keep the lines clean, but every other corner of the body has putty too. When I began test fitting body parts, I saw the looming issue, but there was no way to prevent this. That front assembly simply doesn't match. So more kudos to your modeling!