Model Cars Magazine Forum

How to get your Christmas tree home

IceMan Collections

MVC-026S

Joel, here's something funny.  A photo of my wife's Christmas Village.  There's a ceramic 55-56 Ford wagon with a Christmas tree on the roof!

How 'bout that?!  A popular theme this time of year.

Thank you all very much for your comments.  It means a lot to me to see so many responses.  I truly appreciate it.!

Great idea and a great execution of it :) I really like the way you captured this "dream scene". I call it a dream because I have never seen a car with snow like that on in the winter. Cars around here usually get all brown/grey and wet looking with roadsalt turning all the winterroads in to a dirty slush. Having said that, sometimes we do get proper winterroads around here aswell.

This is a picture of my old 74 Mercedes 240D in December 2007, an early morning before on small rural roads that are not salted.

Thank Don and Gaute.

Gaute - :( I tried to get a bit of brown, dirty sludge right behind the wheel wells.  I was afraid of messing it up so it was definitely not as strong or "dirty" as it could have been. Maybe I can go back and add some more. Thanks for the picture.  I know what you mean about all the salt.  Starts eating away at the paint too.