Model Cars Magazine Forum

Starting out from NJ

njcarguy

Hello all!

I'm a car enthusiast and have been for several years. I loved to modify cars but don't have the funds to do so anymore.

I work full time as a paramedic. It's an incredible job and I love it!

I recently had surgery on my ankle and I'm at home recuperating. I needed something to pass the time and I have artist ability as well as my affinity for automobiles. I used to make model cars but never realized how much depth there is going into a build until I youtubed some stuff.

So, here I am trying to learn how to build correctly. It's a steep learning curve but a fun one. I've learned a plethora of information and realize that I haven't even scratched the surface of model building. I like to pick brains and ask questions. If there are any members here that are really good at this hobby and don't mind questions, please let me know.

Thanks for the help!

Welcome to our plastic playground Richard.  You'll find loads of good and helpful fellow modelers here.  You should look up the TriState Model Club in NJ for some really helpful and entertaining guys who'd be more than happy to help you along in this great hobby.

Greetings Richard!   As our Rich said, the TriState Model Car Club is in New Jersey.  We meet the second Saturday of each month in Perth Amboy. Of course you are welcome to attend.    Where in NJ are you?

Here's our club website, which includes our meeting schedule through the end of 2016. http://www.tssmcc.org/

And we hold a little show each year.....  www.nnleast.com

Hope to meet you soon!

Greetings Richard!   As our Rich said, the TriState Model Car Club is in New Jersey.  We meet the second Saturday of each month in Perth Amboy. Of course you are welcome to attend.    Where in NJ are you?

Here's our club website, which includes our meeting schedule through the end of 2016. http://www.tssmcc.org/

And we hold a little show each year.....  www.nnleast.com

Hope to meet you soon!

I'm in Middlesex which isn't too far from the meet. For these meets, do just the builders go? family? friends?

Thank you very much for the invite!

I'm in Middlesex which isn't too far from the meet. For these meets, do just the builders go? family? friends?

Thank you very much for the invite!

Hi Richard-  Everyone is welcome at our meetings.  Our next meeting is December 12th, a holiday party.  I won't be there because I'm on a business trip then, but the rest of the club would be happy to see you!  Very informal group,  we always have food at the meetings and everyone is happy to help you gain new skills.  I know that when I first joined the club many years ago, my skill level jumped instantly due to their input and tips.  We are always second Saturday of the month at 1pm in Perth Amboy.  Please look at the club website, I put the link in my post above for more information.