Model Cars Magazine Forum

NEW Build of Revell's '29A Roadster - a more appealing Channeled version...

tim boyd

I think this kit's flaws are becoming a boon for model builders.  The kit is a bit of a compromise between two building versions that would not share as many parts in real life as the kits do.  Channeled rods and highboys would have different suspensions, body parts,  and even different sized wheels and tires.  The kit makes some serious stance compromises, especially to the channeled version.  That encourages us to kitbash, and do some serious parts swapping and plastic whacking to make everything fit together.  In the end, this is making the builds far more interesting and personal than if everybody just built the kit OOB with different paint.  

An important and perceptive observation. We've already seen an exceptionally large number of variations and personalized builds for such a new kit. Flawed it may be, but this kit is tremendous "grist for the mill".

Reminds me of that sweet Hemi powered 5 window you did several years ago. They would look killer together in a side by side photo shoot!

Aaron....just handled.  See images #32-34 at this link: http://public.fotki.com/funman1712/tim-boyd-on-line-mo/tim-boyd-on-line-mo-2/tim-boyd-on-line-mo/page2.html

Thanks for asking....TIM 

I predict that you won't run out of versions to build until late 2021

Fred.....Hmmm....maybe more like 2031????  Build/Kitbash  # 6 is already underway (with an extreme Z'ed chassis...) - Hmm....I wonder when passion for a kit and/or build topic (e.g., Model A Hot Rods) becomes an obsession???  (Smile)  TIM  

Edited by tim boyd

Fred.....Hmmm....maybe more like 2031????  Build/Kitbash  # 6 is already underway (with an extreme Z'ed chassis...) - Hmm....I wonder when passion for a kit and/or build topic (e.g., Model A Hot Rods) becomes an obsession???  (Smile)  TIM  

Hardly a bad obsession to have. 

Thanks for the extra pics, Tim!