Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Mod Nova RUSTY RACER....Finished!

Cool concept and work!  I'm a rusty kinda guy so I'm into it.  I see the current trend on 1:1 cars to save the patina and gloss coat over it.  I saw that done on Dallas Car Sharks, on an episode I had in my DVR.  One of the dealers had a '66 Chevy pickup that had a lot of surface rust and paint wear, and gloss coated that.  I would have to see that in person to see what I think of that concept. 

That looks great! Personally I don't like it when people spray a gloss clear over rust on those 1:1 scale cars, but it's nice to see one done as a model anyway. You did an excellent job with that body, it looks very good! B)

It's true that some of the Pro Mods have a few rust spots in them...

Mats Eriksson's '56 Ford Crown Victoria. Rust was done on it a few years ago, but that crash damage on front fender is not fake as he hit the wall in Santa Pod a couple of years ago, but looks like they didn't want to fix it completely.

http://fiaedc.edrspro.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/LMP_6998_PM-Mats-Eriksson_LP540.jpg

"Fast Freddy" Fagerström's Chevy Pickup has some rust as well. He must be a regular customer in a tire shop, too.:D

FreddyFagerstrom_dj.jpg

Fast Freddy At Nitro Nationals 2012

Oh don't get me wrong GT,I think the car is Wild,& SICK..??.I like anything Pro Mod.I remember years ago,watching Scotty Cannon race his OnSat Pro Mod 41 Willys back when "Pro Mod" wasn't even an official NHRA class..To me,that car was the very beginning of the "Pro Mod" door slammers...Oops,Sorry to get off the subject.:D.Anyway Darryl,please keep the pics coming.I really like all of your builds.

Thanks

image.jpeg

I had a chassis that I was working on for this build and I intended to do it as a curbside,but, It hit me that I had another project (Dodge Dart) that the chassis fit perfectly also and so...I scrapped the chassis on this Nova and finished it as a slammer. I think it looks good and it looks like a wrap has been applied to the body. I hope you enjoy guys!2144.thumb.JPG.c9297cdcdcca01415df9910832145.thumb.JPG.df1632e3f03a359c9d9a6efc12146.thumb.JPG.94f9497b03ec9ad279df461af2147.thumb.JPG.b7e66f75b2e9de4fb5d7893372149.thumb.JPG.24d1e9366ded178c72fb8b67a2151.thumb.JPG.452d5e255bf940518ceedc24d2152.thumb.JPG.09529ffdf792c506fd8f7a8552153.thumb.JPG.8485ca134637e4078911ff814

Hey Darryl,I like everything you did here,except for the almond/yellowish/butterscotch paint job...Just joking.Seriously,all of your curbside builds are always wild to look at...Right now I'm building a 66 Nova drag car..I really like what you did with the lower rocker panel pro mod look,along with the rear wing,& hood...Great job,as always.

I had a feeling you'd go curbside Darryl. Kind  of a win win since you do curb and full detail so well.

I would like to see a pic of it in the diorama with a partial tarp or a rolled up parachute. Maybe shove an old towel in the air scoop?

I never thought I'd have to quote myself Darryl, but you forced my hand.

SERIOUSLY !!! Take the pictures !!!!!!! :lol::D

I had a feeling you'd go curbside Darryl. Kind  of a win win since you do curb and full detail so well.

I would like to see a pic of it in the diorama with a partial tarp or a rolled up parachute. Maybe shove an old towel in the air scoop?

I've done a few of those like that Joe....Maybe I'll add those things to this one sometime also. Thanks guys1