Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lindberg '71 Mustang

Mustang Madness

Congrats on finding a bargain and getting it to turn out so well. Your paint and wheel choices really complement the car and the stance seems perfect.

I'd wager that most of us aren't familiar with that kit, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious what the engine and chassis look like.  If you have the time, would you mind posting up a few more pics for us?

Congrats on finding a bargain and getting it to turn out so well. Your paint and wheel choices really complement the car and the stance seems perfect.

I'd wager that most of us aren't familiar with that kit, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's curious what the engine and chassis look like.  If you have the time, would you mind posting up a few more pics for us?

Thanks for the kind words Monty,  the chassis is a one piece job, things like the tailshaft, diff housing, exhaust etc are all molded into it.  I will take a couple pics of what you asked for a little later tonight after dinner.  

They shoulda used your build for the box art!! you did such a great job, bet it woulda sold better!! who does these AWEFUL box art builds anyway?!  -GREAT JOB!!

Never been a lindberg fan, but you made it look amazing.. great color choice

Thank you guys,  goin' by that aweful build/color they have on the box...  it's wasn't too hard to make it look better! Lol    I don't think i'll be looking at any other Lindberg kits in the future. 

Edited by Mustang Madness

I'm pretty sure this Mustang kit started off as a Palmer offering back in the day.  I think the Challenger kit that Lindberg put out a while ago was one of Palmer's old molds too. Palmer's kits were more miss and miss than hit and miss, quality-wise.The Chevelle and the 53 Ford were later from Lindberg's renaissance a few years back. Much better kits.

I'm pretty sure this Mustang kit started off as a Palmer offering back in the day.  I think the Challenger kit that Lindberg put out a while ago was one of Palmer's old molds too. Palmer's kits were more miss and miss than hit and miss, quality-wise.The Chevelle and the 53 Ford were later from Lindberg's renaissance a few years back. Much better kits.

Yes, the Challenger, Mustang and Corvette kits were all originally Palmers, the only kits Palmer did in 1/25th I believe.  The Challenger was the best of the 3, the Mustang suffers from having a roof that looks more like a '69-70 than a '71-73, among other issues.

Nicely done. The box art would make be put it back on the shelf. 

yup, it's hideous! Lol

Thanks for the info ..  

Well done, I like it don't see very often

Thank you

wow you have a pretty nice build. This is one of those kits ive always deferred from buying because of the ugly box art. You've proven it can be built to look nice

Cheers Erik,  if it wasn't being sold for $8 when I picked it up I would never have bought it .. like you said because of the ugly box art.  If folks can see that it can actually look alright, then that's a good thing.  ;)

Edited by Mustang Madness