Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom

Mattsteel85

seriously > alwys build it how you like it !! not everybody has got the same taste .. and thats a good thing ..

i love the big chrome wheels and superlow ride hight ..and i vote keep it that way > looks killer ....

i'm building a cobra atm with large wide dish wheels and most dont like the wheels ... and thats their right :)  its taste ...i'm keeping mine haha

loving the build !

As others have mentioned it's your model so build it your way. That said, if you're sold on the big chrome wheels and low profile tires you might look at removing the rear skirts and have the rear just slightly higher than the front. Have you thought of chroming the stock wheels and using wide or even narrow whitewalls ? you could also maybe photo shop your model with the rear wheel wells opened up to better show off the large chrome wheels you like. Wheels and tires really set the tone of a cars appearance. Look at other wheels you might have in your stash or in another kit you have and see what looks best to you. I like the flat black and the red interior. What I could see of the engine looked great and you did a nice job on the chassis and exhaust.   I'd like to see how you finish this build.

You can use the Pegasus 15" chrome reverse wheels with narrow whitewalls, or mount the tires backwards for a blackwall look, or for something different you could use the big and little tires from the McDonald's issue 1/24 '32 Ford Roadster from Monogram, it has chrome wheels with smoothie baby moon hubcaps, they also came in the Beach boys Rockin' deuce coupe, the wheels and engine trim parts are about the only good parts from that kit. Or the Pegasus Sovereigns, or cross bar hubcaps and tires are a couple of other usable idea's, and with the Pegasus tires and wheels you can get it down in the weeds very easily and it will appear time period correct, even the chromes and baby moons would be time period correct.