Model Cars Magazine Forum

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 12 - 04/09/2016

Danno

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC  12  

Model Car Championship and Slot Car Concours

Saturday, April 9, 2016

3401 W. Greenway Road, Phoenix, AZ

We Just Keep Making It Bigger and Better!

• SWAP MEET - More than 30 Vendors and Aftermarket Sellers!
  • Dozens of Classes + Slot Car Classes!
  • Junior Classes
  • Awards for 1st-2nd-3rd Place Each Class
  • Eight (8) Master Awards
  • Free Make-N-Take for Kids 12 & Under
  • 1/2 Mile Indoor GoKart Track
  • Scale 1/4 mile Dragstrip with Electronic Starting and Timing
  • Indoor Clay Off-Road R/C Track
  • 6-Lane Scale Slot Car Racing Circuit
  • Scale Manzanita Oval Slot Car Racing Circuit
  • Arcade
  • NASCAR Simulators,Pool Tables, Air Hockey
  • On-Site Snack Bar and Beverage Service (including Beer)
  • Large Hobby Shop
  • Discounts! Discounts! Discounts!
  • Vast, Free Parking

What Else Could You Possibly Hope For?

Edited by Danno

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Danno... good morning sir.. So I tried to send you a PM but it said you couldn't receive them. So i will post what I was gonna ask you here.. how's it going? Hey I had a random question for you..... actually 2 questions... first I wanted  to ask on the A9 Replica Class is that limited to 1/24 & 1/25th only? Because I was looking online at the classes and rules bit didnt see the scale in that class. If i am right all 1/16th scale builds have to go into large scale right? 

The second question is if I would like to sponsor a class what all do I need to do. Well how much is it and is there a list of what class i can choose to sponsor?

I know the count down is on until the DSC is here and I have a lot to finish before then. Hope i can get it done in time.

No problem with posting your question here, Chris!  I can answer your questions and anyone else can listen in . . . they might have the same questions!!

First things - yeah, my IM is full and I haven't had a chance since discovering it to delete anything.  I'll get that fixed shortly.

Regarding Desert Scale Classic:  Yes, most classes are limited to 1/24-1/25 scale.  We have a "Large Scale" Class (A25) for 1/23 and larger, and a "Small Scale" Class (A24) for 1/26 and smaller.  There are a few classes that accept all scales:  Motorcycles (A26), Modified Die Cast (A27), Miscellaneous (A28) and Dioramas (A29).  And, new for DSC12 (2016) will be two classes for functional slot cars - more on that later.

You are correct:  1/16 builds go into "Large Scale" regardless of subject matter (with the three exceptions listed above).  You'll note that the rules indicate all classes A1 through A23 are limited to 1/24-1/25 only.  

Sponsoring a Class (trophy package) is as simple as letting me know.  Each class has three trophies (1st, 2nd, and 3rd places) and sponsorship for each class package is $35.00.  

I'll shoot you a list of classes available; with the exception of a few sustaining sponsorships, trophy packages are on a first-come, first-served basis.

Yep, the Final Countdown is on!   We really, really want to see the finished product on the table this year.  WE HAVE SOME EXCITING THINGS IN STORE THIS YEAR . . . refinements and evolutionary improvements, we hope!   

I think it would be cool if forum members would wear their forum screen name while at the show or plan to meet up while at the show to get a little face time.

I added my screen name to my ancient Moonlight Modelers badge last year... didn't seem to get much traction...but that's okay.

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC

April 9, 2016

At the fantastic Phoenix Indoor Karting / HobbyTown USA Mega Mini Motorsports Complex!

3401 W. Greenway Road

Phoenix, AZ 

SWAP MEET VENDOR TABLES AVAILABLE

Special Rate that is Impossible to Resist!

$25 per table if reserved and paid before 3/1/2016.  
Each table will be $30 if reserved and paid after 3/1/16, if any remain available at that time.  

For more Information and to make swap meet reservations, email:   DSC12@cox.net  

TROPHY SPONSORSHIPS

DSC needs trophy package sponsors.

Each package consists of either 1 Master Award or All 3 Places of Awards for a Specific Class.

Each package is $35.

The classes and master awards available for sponsorship include: Pro Street, Tuner, Lowrider, Nostalgia Drag, Competition Drag (Door Cars), Curbside, Rat Rod, Light Commercial, Large Scale, Modified Die Cast, Peoples Choice Best Interior, Peoples Choice Best Detail, Bob Peeples Best Engineering, Best Detail, Best Interior, Best Engine.

Please RSVP to  DSC12@cox.net  to reserve a trophy sponsorship.

EVENT SPONSORSHIPS

ALSO - If you are interested in Event Sponsorship, there are three levels available: "Stock" Sponsorship for $150, "Custom" Sponsorship for $225, or "Racing" Sponsorship for $300. For more details, contact DESERT SCALE CLASSIC at DSC12@cox.net.

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 12  - Be A Part of It!

Arizona's Biggest and Best All Model Cars Championship and Vendor Expo