Model Cars Magazine Forum

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 12 - 04/09/2016

Danno

Have a great show guys!  You know we're behind ya!    :)

As we near the threshold of our event, we didn't want to let your note go unnoticed, Tom.

Yes, we indeed know you are behind us!  We are grateful for the generous support you, Tri-State Model Car Club and NNL East give us.  It's a real boost in many ways.  

As we grow, and inch away from the struggle of "break-even or less" toward the goal of financial comfort, we hope to someday be able to emulate TSCC/NNL East by spreading the gospel and support to smaller, less financially stable but viable and ethical events.  

You guys ~ and your event ~ are GREAT role models!   Thank you.  Keep it up, and have a stellar event yourself.  

I'm getting excited!! 

For all you guys that enjoyed the bins full of vintage parts I had last year, Get Ready.  I have several bins this year along with some near complete bagged kits. 

I'm not saying this place is big but, Hey Danno, did you work out a shuttle service to the restrooms:D

John - you should be able to get in at 9am. If you registered online but didn't receive a confirmation, it was not received. If that's the case, please go to cactuscarmodlers.com and download the entry form. Print it out, fill it out and bring it with you. Trust me, this will save you some time at the entry station. Looking forward to meeting you.

Oooh Danno!!!!!

How many days away..........That's right..... 

general-lee-1_zpss5nbbyzp.jpg

one day away....  Rolling%20On%20the%20Floor_zpszxzwuolv.g

In all seriousness... I am totally looking forward to the show and seeing everyone tomorrow.

Edited by Mooneyzs

Home from the DSC. early, I'm afraid I will have to get a report later on the winners. Really great to see everyone and all the great builds on the tables. There were some real beauties. Always a pleasure to see all the enthusiastic folks and see their latest creations. I had the opportunity to meet some board members that I  didn't know, the name tags really were a great idea and looked very nice.

When I got home there was a great new Lance Seller's 1966 A.J. Foyt Lotus 38 Indy car kit in my mailbox. Resin and very well done. Looking forward to the challenge. So, other than feeling like I a ran a marathon today, it was an outstanding day.

Thank you to all my fellow Cactus Car Modelers for putting on a super contest and swap meet. Danno did a stellar job organizing and making this all happen, along with our other club members. A fun day!!

What a great time and a whole lot of fun the entire day. I had so much exploring to do drooling over all of the great builds. Made some new friends and have a ton of photos to download but tonight its sleep, glorious sleep.

Thanks Danno and the rest of the Cactus folks for putting on another but even better show. There was a lot going on behind the scenes I'm sure but from my side, it sure seemed to flow smoothly.

Edited by gasser59