Model Cars Magazine Forum

5 more Johans

BIGTRUCK

There was some talk about the 59 Dodge coming out, and I bought all of these from Okey [Johan] all around the same time as I bought the 59 Dodge at a few NNLs or model swap meets but never hear about them. They were in the 2002 catalog I posted except the 56 Desoto and 59 Dodge. There was a 56 Olds Holiday 4 door, 56 Desoto 4 door,56 Plymouth Belvedere 4door,75 Cutlass and 56 Pontiac Starchief. there also was a Pontiac convertible , but it was a resin ''A'' frame but I dont remember if you had to convert it yourself. Unless I missed something , what happened to these?DSC05866DSC05871DSC05867

And the rest of the kits in the catalog.

Edited by BIGTRUCK

Those are great promos Ken, and I have them all.

I agree Ken...they are great...I am green with envy buddy...LOL...

I guess we are luckier than most Richard:)...and Mark when are you going to let us see another one of those cool builds you do. If you need a host for pictures just P/M me ....Ken

I guess we are luckier than most Richard:)...and Mark when are you going to let us see another one of those cool builds you do. If you need a host for pictures just P/M me ....Ken

Thanks Ken buddy....I have a few others Ill have to send you to post for you all.  I build the 75 Cutlass one...I really dig their promo like kits.  PM coming.

• 4 months later...

I have the 59 Dodge. I'm afraid to build it since I'm sure I'll probably never find another one.

Build it!  Enjoy it!  Irma Bombeck once wrote an essay about the death of a friend. She had to clean out the woman's belongings and found things like a brand new fancy night gown that she was saving for a special occasion and  nice candles she had received as gifts that were "to nice to use for everyday".  And Irma lamented that those special days had never come and it was a shame, that this lady never allowed herself to enjoy those things.  There's a moral here.

A few years ago I went through models, resin accessories,  decal sheets etc that I was saving for a special project someday... and I thought "I'm 57 years old and I've been saving some of this stuff 20 years".  So I broke into it and I've been using and enjoying these things!

Build it!  Enjoy it!  Irma Bombeck once wrote an essay about the death of a friend. She had to clean out the woman's belongings and found things like a brand new fancy night gown that she was saving for a special occasion and  nice candles she had received as gifts that were "to nice to use for everyday".  And Irma lamented that those special days had never come and it was a shame, that this lady never allowed herself to enjoy those things.  There's a moral here.

A few years ago I went through models, resin accessories,  decal sheets etc that I was saving for a special project someday... and I thought "I'm 57 years old and I've been saving some of this stuff 20 years".  So I broke into it and I've been using and enjoying these things!

Tom this is so true, I know its slightly off topic in this thread, I have some old mint AMT unbuilt kits from the 60s that ive had for a number of years now just waiting till the day I can do them justice. Ok Im only 39 years old but still what am I waiting for?, after my current project Im going to dig out one of those vintage kits out and build it !