Model Cars Magazine Forum

Whats your work area like?

This is my model room. First off, I painted the walls and ceiling with gloss white. this helps your lights keep everything bright, and the gloss paint makes everything wipe clean. I use Swiffer wipes. Next I covered the floor with a professional grade painters tarp, and tack-nailed it around the whole baseboard. One of the most important things I did was to attach two heavy duty rolls of clear plastic to the closet and kit shelf areas. I roll them down, tape the edges, and paint away! the plastic is great for two reasons: 1)cuts down on cleaning, 2)most importantly, these act as HUGE static-lint catchers!!  I do not exaggerate when I say that I RARELY have to polish-out anything that sticks to my paintjobs. Finally, I don't know how, but I have perfect painting conditions ALL year long!! even the humidity level stays at 45% all year round!!  I hope this helps you in any way with your modeling. nobody likes humidity, lint sticking to a perfect paintjob, or having to stop due to weather or seasons change.     -thanx for looking! questions welcome!

DSCF1598.JPG

DSCF1599.JPG

DSCF1600.JPG

DSCF1601.JPG

IMG 3761

Okay, here's my work bench. It's simply a hollow core door, wrapped in brown craft paper. It's sitting on two old night stands.  I work on the board in the center of the bench, and do fine work on the glass piece.  My spray booth is behind me, you can see the hose near the window.

Mine is a HECK OF A MESS right now, Ive only moved into my house a couple of months ago and with a busy work schedual and trying to build at the same time im setting up makes it hard. I hope that it is as organized as yours when done! I built the benches myself and still have a few more shelves to put up.

IMG_7469_zpshyu14rv2.jpg

IMG_7470_zpsgjxspknk.jpg

Edited by mademan

Here's mine. I still need to put up some shelves for my not-yet-started kits as I don't like having them stored in about four different locations throughout the house. I have a hutch-like thingey with shelves that I keep my finished models on that's to the right of me (and out of camera's view) in this picture. It's still a work in progress but it's the best set-up I've had yet.

IMG_6753.JPG