Model Cars Magazine Forum

Phantom Yenko Tahoe "what if" shop truck

The local club that I meet with has a theme night for December of "One of a kind" ( customs, prototypes, phantoms etc)  I have been wanting to do a newer Yenko truck for a while so I decided on this Tahoe. I sprayed it Duplicolor Charcoal grey metallic ( ford color) and then Metalcast Transparent Red over top.  Decals are Firebird Designs Alps printed ( not the greatest quality)  Decals were an issue, very brittle and not thick enough in some areas, causing "bleed through" from the paint.  I am using 23" Pegasus Hellas, which I dull coated and misted with a couple different metallic greys to give them that Magnesium cast look.  For the interior I added a few little things such as a 4 speed shifter and tach. I am just building this as a curbside to have something for the meeting theme, later on I will revisit the idea with a full detail, probably sporting a clearly scale carbed LSX resin engine :)

Not to be "that guy" but your transmission shifter is in the transfer case shifter location. Sticks out like a sore thumb to me as my 96 K1500 has the same interior. :)

Its all good lol, its 2wd now, shaved the shifter off the column and put it on the floor.

Quick Build completed and in under glass section now.

• 3 months later...