Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1939/1940 Ford Sedan

topher5150

Interesting (maybe it shouldn't be surprising?) that the artist who airbrushed the "glass" into the box art models didn't try to replicate the parts included inside the kit, but perhaps that was yet to be finalized.

At any rate, still a bit wild to think a modified reissued proposal like this would been seen through to completion, especially since only one version can be built from the new, specialized parts. Thanks for posting the image of the worn seat, Jason.

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2023 at 10:22 PM, Casey said:

Interesting (maybe it shouldn't be surprising?) that the artist who airbrushed the "glass" into the box art models didn't try to replicate the parts included inside the kit, but perhaps that was yet to be finalized.

At any rate, still a bit wild to think a modified reissued proposal like this would been seen through to completion, especially since only one version can be built from the new, specialized parts. Thanks for posting the image of the worn seat, Jason.

Times were different back then.

But, it should sell today, I would think.  But, I suspect re-issuing this kit is not a priority right now for Round2 with the success they are having with the cloning programs. Those kits create much more "Buzz" than a few pre-tooled damaged parts for an evergreen kit would produce/

But, You never know. I'd but a couple just to have fun with.

On 8/3/2022 at 4:02 PM, unclescott58 said:

About 46 hours after ordering it, I got my Diamond In The Rough kit delivered to my front porch. That was quick service both by the seller, and postal service. I’m pleased.

Looking in the box, I’m also pleased with what I found inside. I really liked the damaged ‘40 Ford. Especially the broken and shot glass. And the bend bumpers. Very Kool! The kit also includes a real metal chain. I’m not sure what that’s for? I see nothing in the instructions indicating its use. Still it’s kool anyway. I love this kit. I’m surprised it’s only been released the one time. And that has been 36 years ago already! 

The ‘53 truck and the trailer look like pretty straight forward, standard releases of those two kits. Nothing special. But, good kits and always welcome to the collection. 

I’m also pleased to say, that despite the tires just being thrown in box loosely where they could damage other parts. Especially the glass, also in the box unprotected. There was no tire burn that I could see on anything! 

9021AF32-EE26-481E-BA1C-C57E0BB7A7BD.jpeg

25CBFC85-73AD-4A62-A740-CBEC6D8249A1.jpeg

3925A850-995B-4E39-A3BF-C352CB562B7F.jpeg

425E4741-B8F3-4886-8A7C-45CA195E7158.jpeg

C0612351-BC41-4B18-B552-4D2583EDD6F9.jpeg

E13A4FC5-8B40-426C-AA03-D2478525ECB3.jpeg

The chain is laying on the trailer on the box art !!! More then likely to represent a tie down ?