Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopped 57 Chrysler

Ferbz

I posted pics of this Chrysler in my introduction but decided to share it here as well.

It's an AMT 57 Chrysler 300c which I chopped and filled the rear window area using an AMT 50 Ford custom half top. I modified a Testors Chezoom hood to make a Windsor style hood. Emblems and trim were shaved, the license box in the trunk was filled and smoothed, and taillight bezels were molded in. 57 Caddy hubcaps were appropriated from a diecast car. Interior was painted with Createx white pearl while black inserts were made by using black BMF then sprayed with Dullcoat. Body was painted using Plastikote automotive spray can lacquer: Metallic Gold base, Candy Apple Red, and Clear. Black nail polish was used for the fogging under the candy and I sprayed a little gold pearl mixed in clear over the candy.

The Cliff Inman 1:1 car was my main inspiration as was Larry Watson's paintwork!

ChryslerA.jpg

ChryslerB.jpg

Perfect! Great paintjob, it really has the Larry Watson look. I'll remember the trick with the Chezoom hood--I love the Cliff Inman Chrysler too, but in the past I've looked at the kit hood and felt it would be too much work to try and modify it to the Windsor style. It looks so good, I might have to reconsider!

Very nice job on this Custom. Body styling looks great, especially that front end is just perfect! Smooth looking paint job and great color choices too. I've always liked Watson's paint jobs a lot and this definitely has the correct look and feel. Very nice work overall.