Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hello from The Tampa Bay Area

Hey there guys & gals! My name is Mike and I have been clicking around on this forum for a little while. I just got back into the hobby seriously this year. I built a lot when I was a kid and never lost a love for the hobby.  Really enjoying sharpening my skills and the challenges each build presents. I'm a life long gearhead who loves to research each build so that I can make each model as close to the real thing as humanly possible. Old MPC kits are some of my favorites but I do love the accuracy the newly tooled kits offer, so I build both. I guess I consider myself a AMT & MPC guy. Building the kits that I built as a kid in the '80s, much better now then I ever could in the old days, and the the ones from '70s my older cousins built is the mission I'm on now. As a GM guy my whole life my focus has been on the Generals muscle cars and few interesting pieces such as Vegas as of late. There are a few Mopars in my stash as well. Anyhow, enough rambling here a few recent builds.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Musclecar Mike
Grammar

Thank you for the welcome and the compliment, Zachary! I plan to post more pics of the '72 Vette, the Deora, and a GMC wrecker in the under glass forums tomorrow. When did you live in Tampa? Did you live in the area when Lakeside Hobby Shop was around? That is the place that got me hooked on model building back in the '80s when I first moved here. 

Welcome, Mike!! Great lookin builds!!  Did you have problems with the fit of that Deora windshield? mine looks like its gonna be a PAIN!!

Thank you for the welcome and for the compliments, Dann! The fit of the windshield is less than ideal. With a little bit of dry fitting you can get it to almost fit as is should. I tacked it I n place with Aleene's Jewel-It fabric glue. It's super strong and dries crystal clear. I still had slight gap in one of the corners but nothing very noticeable when finished. I ended up glueing the windshield frame and door shut on my model. I built this same kit as a kid and remember how wonky the windshield hinge end up being.