Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 63 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible

Helix

Pretty nice build. It has a very nice look. I have a couple of them in my collection to be built,

one of which I am going to do in white, with a blue interior, just like a friend of my Dad bought new in 1963. I was with them when he picked it up at the dealership. I love those cars.

Ā Ā  Ray that is so incredible looking!Ā  You are such a brave

man that's for sure. With a kit that old and rare, I would be

terrified that I would goof it up.

Ā 

Ā Ā Ā Ā  David S.

I'm planning on building these 12 oldĀ kits that I bought...stay tuned!

Edited by Helix

EXCELLENT JOB ALL 'ROUND!!Ā  the outside pics definitely show it the best! my eyes are drawn to your wire wheels -they're sweet!

Agree Dann, the chrome on these old kits is not super shiny but with a bit of blackwash they look awesome, been using the Tamiya Paneline accent colour which is amazing stuffĀ :)

Looks real nice Ray, love the dropped look and its great to see these old kits built up like they should be instead of sitting on the shelf.

Absolutely mate, pretty sure this kit is close to the $200 mark, so why buy the thing and stop there....build it so everyone can appreciate these old classics I say;)

Absolutely mate, pretty sure this kit is close to the $200 mark, so why buy the thing and stop there....build it so everyone can appreciate these old classics I say;)

Totally agree, Ive got a few vintage kits and rebuilders myself, but they will all get built (eventually! lol ), just a shame these old annuals are as rare as rocking horse doo doo in the UK

I agree too! I have an original Chitty Chitty Bang bang still in the plasticĀ  -cost me around $400 3 years ago, but im opening the bugger and building the heck out of it!!!!!!!:lol:Ā Ā  I I will keep the boxes to the valued ones though.

Edited by Dann Tier

THanks, Ray, I appreciate you getting back with me!Ā  Do you ever worry about making sure you thank everyone here? its hard!

Agree mate, sometimes you forget a specific comment which you may have overlooked and you feel bad for not responding, but in all fairness I really do appreciate everyone's commentsĀ ;):)