Model Cars Magazine Forum

Last Of The Big Cats...

i'm in the same boat except i'ld love to see either a 77-79 cougar or 77-79 ltdll or a 77-79 thunderbird.

all three are pretty cool cars in their own right! as you can see my first ride was a 78 ltdll which i dropped in a stroked big block ford.

Edited by outsider

i'm in the same boat except i'ld love to see either a 77-79 cougar or 77-79 ltdll or a 77-79 thunderbird.

all three are pretty cool cars in their own right! as you can see my first ride was a 78 ltdll which i dropped in a stroked big block ford.

I've seen a 77-79 T-bird. Can't recall where, offhand, but I know its been done. I want a 74-76 T-bird or a 74 Montego that won't cost me an arm and both legs...

I've seen a 77-79 T-bird. Can't recall where, offhand, but I know its been done. I want a 74-76 T-bird or a 74 Montego that won't cost me an arm and both legs...

I have a 1/32 scale '77(?) T-Bird that was made my Lindberg........but I know of no Cougars from that era by a resin maker unless one was scratchbuilt ala Juha Airio.

It would be nice to see some of those mid to late '70's GM and Ford midsizers kitted................but I know in this day and age of budget watching, it'll never happen. B)

Thanks for the info guy's. About the closest I had came to this was a early T-Bird kit in about 1/20th scale. I don't recall who put it out though. Oh and by the way if anybody know of someone interested in a 77 XR-7 please let me know. I had restored it about 20 years ago and then about 6 years ago I had lost my storage so the car is outside and you know what happens to them then. Anyway, it would need a bit of TLC but when finished it could be a sharp cruiser again.

Bernie :P

Edited by Starliner Kustoms

i'ld love to build a model of my 78 ltd ll. it woul be simple to set up as a retro kit since the chassis use for the starsky torino is the exact same chassis under the ltd ll, cougar, t-bird. all we really need is the external stuff...body ,glass, chrome.

Edited by outsider

i'ld love to build a model of my 78 ltd ll. it woul be simple to set up as a retro kit since the chassis use for the starsky torino is the exact same chassis under the ltd ll, cougar, t-bird. all we really need is the external stuff...body ,glass, chrome.

I like your LTD. My Cougar looks a lot like that. I wish I had the time and money to do it over again. I did pick up a resin cast of a 76 T-Bird NASCAR body at NNL East a couple of years ago but it would take a lot of casting and scratch building to change to a 77 Cougar.

Bernie ;)

thanks! the first time i took it to the local track to see what the 514 would do. i had a 2001 ss camaro line up against me. poor fellow lost horribly and couldn't belive the "granny" car had blown him away that bad till i showed him the big block under the hood.