Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Dodge 330 Color Me Gone

Mr Stock

Finished this one up recently, its the old Lindberg kit. Enjoyed building this one, it was the first time Ive ever done a two tone paint job and I used rattle cans for the paint.

I reworked the front suspension to give it a more up in the air look, as I think built standard the front sits down too low. I had some fitment issues mainly the rear panel which was warped, I unfortunatly didnt find this out until Id painted the panel and tried to fit it!, also the way the wheels fit onto the hubs is a very poor design of the kit.......and the decals ?......dont mention the decals !, Microscale liquid decal film came to the rescue here, after they broke up on me.

However Im happy with how it turned out in the end.

2015-10-25 23.46.02.jpg

2015-10-25 23.44.58.jpg

2015-10-25 23.42.41.jpg

Edited by Mr Stock

You did a fantastic job Mr.Stock. Yeah, I've had problems with the lindberg decals too and fixed them  ( sort of ) the same way. Overall I find this kit and the related one's to be pretty good kits to build. Thank you for sharing this with us.     Jeff 

Nice work, these kits are not the easiest ones to build and they require some extra work for sure. Especially lifting the front end a little has to be done and your stance is just right! Excellent job overall. Paint and decals are not an easy part to get right as you said too. Your result with them is one of the best I've seen. Great looking build.

Nice job Gary, how did you raise the front end? By rear panel do you mean the tailight panel? 

Thanks Gene, yes rear panel/tailight panel, mine was warped bad, I normally dry fit everything before paint and glue but I must have missed this part !

To raise the front you just reverse the front spindles around, that the gives it a better looking slightly raised front end, the rear will need raising slightly too and I just used some packing pieces under the leaf springs for that.